Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to buy popup zombie? Don't! When I first got him setember 2nd his eye wiers would keep ripping I got it to work and put in the back of my living room for a while, October comes along and im getting ready for the haunt I test him out and he randomly dose not work and all! And nothing happened. We went to a spirithalloween to return it (with the receipt) they don't let us return it we go to a 2nd one same thing we go to the next town over we're the nice spirit workers are ( that I kinda know). He says that I can test my new one out in the store. I test it out BAM! Broken also than he says that the display one there broke the 3rd day and that they were supost to get a new one but they got recalled and were NOT supost to be sold, but that doesn't stop spirit Halloween from making there money. The guy gives my money back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's a bummer it didn't work. I bought mine a few years ago and it worked great until some kid kicked his head off cause it scared him. Now he only works with a foot pad. The sensor won't work anymore. They were made better when I bought mine. They are all going down in quality.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I worked at Spirit this year and was not informed of any recalls. There were a few animatronics that they sent parts out to the stores to replace parts that had been put on in error, but nothing was recalled.

I'm glad the store was able to help you out. There's nothing worse than buying something only to have it stop working a few days later. Well, except maybe having to go to 3 stores before you were taken care of.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,988 Posts
Unfortunately you have to be very careful buying animatronic props from Spirit. I love the store but the prop quality a lot of the times is pure garbage. Get ideas from them and build your own. The money they charge for the poor quality prop you get is not at all worth it. There are exceptions of course. I really look over the prop construction before I even consider buying it, and when I look it over I take into account if I can fix it or use it after it breaks...because it will break.

·
Registered
260 Posts
My uncle charlie prop has been nothing but a pain in my ***. Even when we had him fixed and all together the sound wouldn't work.Then he fell over because of the wind and the metal brackets broke.I only buy there stuff when they have a 50% of sale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts