Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0097.jpg

I just purchased the Skeleton Fountain/Bird bath from Spirit today. I' m thinking of repainting it to give it a more realistic finish but I'm afraid I could ruin it. Should I take the chance and go for it? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I was really wanting this till i asked and was told bleeding effect was for photo only. That it was not a fountain and it's made of plastic. Just curious kellygirl is there anyway of hooking a pump up to it and how flimsy is the plastic?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know why they told you that because it comes with a pump! Its an actual fountain and I just tried it out and it works great...all you have to do is add red food coloring to the water. It is made of plastic but it seems sturdy. All in all, I like it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMG_0098.jpg

Here is it in action. I only had a little food coloring left...I think it will look better with more added to the water. It's also kinda hard to see but the pump is working so the water flows down each tier. Hope that helps you!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Asked this on their facebook page. This was Jack the reapers answer.
Does the skull bird bath on your site have a pump? Someone else asked the type but no one answered him.
Spirit Halloween : This is a static bird bath and does not have a pump. Probably be easy to add a $5 fish pump if you wanted to hack it though. http://www.spirithalloween.com/.../

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No the water doesn't come out of the eyes or the mouth. It only spills over the edge of each tier. After I shine a black light on it at night and add some extras (cobwebs, etc) I think it will look really cool. Maybe there is a different version without a pump, but the one I bought came from the store (not online). I will admit the top tier is a little wobbly but I will fix that with some liquid nails or other adhesive.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,519 Posts
I kind of like it the way it is. Saw one at our Spirit and thought it was pretty cool. IMO, it wouldn't really need a makeover.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Saw this fountain today at Spirit. Didn't have much time to scope out. Pretty cool. Maybe Spirit decided to add the $5 pump to the prop if a number of people asked about it.

I wouldn't paint. It could turn out that the paint doesn't react as well with the red water color.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Someone asked about a skeleton of a bird a few years back and I still don't see anything that is toy or plastic model like. I wouldn't ever buy a real skeleton so I'd still be interested in anything anyone can locate other than that. I have a plastic model frog so am kind of surprised no birds. Guess frogs are pretty typical for dissection class and bird not so.

You could always use anything...from Dollar Tree crows to the Big Lots talking and animated black birds...for your display.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yeah, I'm with Trex on this one. Dress it up a little. I would paint all but the skull aqua-marine and dry brush black on it to look like mold. Add some moss on it, maybe some more skulls on the other layers - have some fun with it.
HM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts