Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spirit Halloween has posted to the blog showing off a new
caged wolf-man, similar to the "boxed-in" prop last year.

Caged Beast: $199
The animatronic Caged Beast prop consists of a shabbily dressed Wolf-beast in a cage.
The sound-activated Wolf shakes back and forth with light-up eyes and utters three haunting phrases.
Item Dimensions Cage: 35.5" X 24" X 24
Wolf: 54" X 18" X 15" (sitting) 1 AC/DC adapter, ; cord Length- 36")
For indoor use only.

YouTube- Caged Beast - COMING SOON!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
I don't like the legs sticking out of the cage.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it makes him look too content/comfortable being "caged" in. I can't see the bottom of the feet, but it would be a lot better if they were somehow shackled.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
Would have been better if they had him in a crouching position, would have looked more confining & shackles from wrist to wrist would also have looked been better. That would have really given the added effect
that it was pissed & wanted out......... if they would have only asked people like us,that are into Halloween hard, they might make some really good or better cheap stuff..LoL

·
Registered
116 Posts
Its kinda cool...but like you have all said the legs kinda ruin it. Also, that price is just to high. You could make a home made one just like that with a mask, some goodwill cloths, cardboard and a few sound effects.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Well I think that's a challenge to throw out there, let's make a better one, then again you could buy the prop and put shackles on him. I would also hook a wire from the body to the legs so the legs would move with it.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the legs are just stuffed fabric, so I would assume you can tuck them under or fix them in a keeling-crouched position, add a pair of $3 homemade shackles and your set. IMO, it looks like its worth about $60. Add that to the Halloween megastore upcharge, and your looking at a figure that should be no more than $85 bucks. NOT $199.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Things from last year seem good. The big stuff are good. I agree with where i read that u have to be careful and not screw it up when takin it out and boxin it up. If this stuff freezes in the winter, it is not going to work. Things look more solid this year. Think this is good if it goes with the stuff like u r doing. Not my fav but cool. Wish the eyes did not light up.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I don't like the whole human-slash-beast thing...his legs are of an animal, and it looks more wierd than creepy to me. But he is definitely still cool! $200.00? I don't think so! :(

·
Registered
600 Posts
Oh brother. However if you upgrade the legs, hands, sound and head you could have a decent prop. IMHO if I was going to spend the money on a Spirit prop I would go with the animated serial killer (cheaper model that is, they also have a upgrade $500 model, but definitely not worth that price). This is a decent prop outside of the outfit and mask, which I would change as well. However I would definitely wait for a sale, regardless.

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,654 Posts
If its still available, Can I have it for $199? Thanks!
1. The user is banned, apparently.
2. This isn't a thread selling it, this is a thread about the original release from Spirit Halloween.
And even if it was a thread listing it for sale... dude, 11 years ago. Why does no one pay attention to thread dates on these boards anymore. It drives me nuts that the HF makes suggestions on other topics over a decade old, literally. It electro-shocks so many dead threads back to life.

·
Registered
391 Posts
And even if it was a thread listing it for sale... dude, 11 years ago. Why does no one pay attention to thread dates on these boards anymore. It drives me nuts that the HF makes suggestions on other topics over a decade old, literally. It electro-shocks so many dead threads back to life.

Though I feel the same way, I was very tempted to respond to a July 10, 2009, later updated) thread started by Larry, in the Recommended Reading. Back when Spirt would send him new releases to share with the Forum! Official Leaking!
Jerseyscare

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,654 Posts
Though I feel the same way, I was very tempted to respond to a July 10, 2009, later updated) thread started by Larry, in the Recommended Reading. Back when Spirt would send him new releases to share with the Forum! Official Leaking!
Jerseyscare
When done intentionally, I have no problem with that if there's a purpose in mind. You know what I mean? Like, if you lead out saying... "I know this is a 12 year-old thread, but I wanted to add [blah, blah, blah]...". That makes sense to me. It make sense to dig up an old thread about lighting, or build instructions that someone posted a long time ago if you have something to add, like an improvement, or perhaps a question. Not saying the original poster would still be around to comment, but you're acknowledging doing it intentionally, and not asking someone if something is still for sale when it's 11 years later, and was never for sale in the first place. :oops::rolleyes: If you have an improvement you wanted to share on a build that was previously shared in a thread. That could actually help others still on the forums.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts