Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I splurged this year and bought the Area 31 capsule from Spirit. Here's my thoughts:

The Good:
It's BIG. Approx 6ft tall
It's cool. It lights up, has an IR trigger, can be used with a step pad, and looks super cool with the addition of a fog machine. It also comes with a fog machine attachment.

The Bad:
It's BIG. I didn't have room for it in my house after I had it together.
It's expensive. Even with a 20% off coupon it was still $150
It's flimsy. VERY flimsy. The panels are made from the same plastic as Ben Cooper masks.
It's held together with Velcro. Again, flimsy design and the panels would not stay secure.
Bad paint job. The alien's eye had a big scratch down to the plastic. There were brush strokes throughout the panels making it look like an amateur painted it with no supervision. For $150 I expect better quality.

Bottom line:
I returned it. $150 should pay for a better designed, constructed, and painted prop. I do not recommend buying this prop.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The trick is buy these and sell on ebay make money and buy something better, like Midnight Studios. They may be a little pricey but you know the quality is there and they have high resale value. A lot of Spirit props break right out the box. I know I used to work for them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts