Halloween Forum banner
61 - 80 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Did you mean Anthony Hopkins? Anthony Huber is dead.

As for celebrity cameos, I‘m willing to bet they’ll get John Kassir as the crypt keeper on the movie. With the recent crypt keeper cameos at spirit, it seems pretty likely.
I don't think licensed characters are going to be in the movie unless it's being produced by a studio that has many movies under its name.

If they did go that route then I would imagine it being like Space Jam 2 or Ready Player One, aka a movie that flexs all of the studio’s properties.

·
Registered
319 Posts
It looks like this kill switch uses the same plug-in as the step pads and try me buttons. might be a theme clue, like how area 31 had the themed hand scanners? I think they may be doing some sort of dr. frankenstein type theme, which would make sense with that teaser they released.
Either it is apart of the theme and they are selling it separately like the blue print posters or it's like the MIT triggers.

They did hint at the theme last year on a clipboard that was by Mr. Dark, it had the words "2022 - Space Station/Zombie Apocalypse?". It could just be a red herring though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Either it is apart of the theme and they are selling it separately like the blue print posters or it's like the MIT triggers.

They did hint at the theme last year on a clipboard that was by Mr. Dark, it had the words "2022 - Space Station/Zombie Apocalypse?". It could just be a red herring though.
Yea it likely isn't a space station or zombie theme. They probably wouldn't reveal it this early.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would have to say that it's really tedious looking through Spirit's database by changing the url since it's diluted with Spencer's Gifts products. If anyone has a easier and faster technique then let me know.

And also I actually don't think the database is fully updated yet either. There are a lot of pages that are marked as "Not Found". Perhaps over time it'll be updated since it's still super early.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Crouchy will probably be featured in that film along with Nightcrawler, so Spirit is probably making merchandise of them as a tie-in to the film.
Maybe Lil Skelly Bones will be in the movie too because there is a character called "Skelebones" which I found a plushie of (there's also a Crouchy plushie).

BI SKELEBONES PLUSH
BI CROUCHY PLUSH

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have confirmation that was indeed a red herring thrown in at the last moment by an assistant designer without the main theme designer’s knowledge.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I would have to say that it's really tedious looking through Spirit's database by changing the url since it's diluted with Spencer's Gifts products. If anyone has a easier and faster technique then let me know.

And also I actually don't think the database is fully updated yet either. There are a lot of pages that are marked as "Not Found". Perhaps over time it'll be updated since it's still super early.
Last year I used a web scraper (Web Scraper - Free Web Scraping), generated an excel spreadsheet from it, and imported it into an access database.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just heard that Universal Studios has some kind of connection with Spencer’s and Spirit and the reason why Spirit has been doing Beetlejuice, Killer Klowns, and Ghostbusters merchandise is because they get the licenses from Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights since Spencer's operates the gift stores there.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I just heard that Universal Studios has some kind of connection with Spencer’s and Spirit and the reason why Spirit has been doing Beetlejuice, Killer Klowns, and Ghostbusters merchandise is because they get the licenses from Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights since Spencer's operates the gift stores there.
If you look at older Spencer’s merchandise from the 90’s and early 2000’s it often has “A Universal Studios Company” below the Spencer’s logo.
Rectangle Font Art Magenta Logo

·
Registered
949 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how did you do it? I’m trying to figure it out myself but it's kinda confusing. Is there a video tutorial I can follow?
Warning!!! Whatever a Stucky and Bud are it should immediately stop reading the rest of this post. Also before anyone freaks out this is essentially doing the same thing Google, and Yahoo do to index sites.

If you import the following sitemap it should get you the same one I used.

{"_id":"spirit_halloween","startUrl":["https://www.spirithalloween.com/catalog/includes/quicklook_miniproduct.jsp?entityTypeId=4&entityId=[100000-230320]"],"selectors":[{"delay":0,"id":"sku","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["_root"],"regex":"","selector":"span:nth-of-type(1) span","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"title","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["_root"],"regex":"","selector":"a","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"url","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["_root"],"selector":"a","type":"SelectorLink"}]}

In my sitemap code the part "entityId=[100000-230320]" tells the program to scan all the urls from entityId 100000 to entityid 230320. You could try three or four entityids to test it out.

There looks like there are some videos and docs at:

Basically check out the Learn section at Web Scraper - The #1 web scraping extension

Essentially you want to pick parts of the page to watch.
So if you wanted to grab the Google image at Google you would do the following

1. Select create new sitemap.
    1. Enter a name
    2. Enter your starting url (Google)
  2. Click "Create Sitemap"
  3. At the next screen select "Add new selector"
    1. Selector ID is going to be the name you want in your output
    2. Type is going to be Image (or text if it's just text on the page, or URL if you want to grab a url ect.
    3. Under Selector, click "select" to pick the part of the page you are interested in.
    4. If your happy with the selection click "Done Selecting"
    5. Click "Save Selector" to save it.
  4. Under SItemap "your sitemap name" I think you choose "Scrape" to run it (it will take a long time), and "Export Data" to export it out.

Rectangle Screenshot Font Operating system Software

·
Registered
319 Posts
Warning!!! Whatever a Stucky and Bud are it should immediately stop reading the rest of this post. Also before anyone freaks out this is essentially doing the same thing Google, and Yahoo do to index sites.

If you import the following sitemap it should get you the same one I used.

{"_id":"spirit_halloween","startUrl":["https://www.spirithalloween.com/catalog/includes/quicklook_miniproduct.jsp?entityTypeId=4&entityId=[100000-230320]"],"selectors":[{"delay":0,"id":"sku","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["_root"],"regex":"","selector":"span:nth-of-type(1) span","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"title","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["_root"],"regex":"","selector":"a","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"url","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["_root"],"selector":"a","type":"SelectorLink"}]}

In my sitemap code the part "entityId=[100000-230320]" tells the program to scan all the urls from entityId 100000 to entityid 230320. You could try three or four entityids to test it out.

There looks like there are some videos and docs at:

Basically check out the Learn section at Web Scraper - The #1 web scraping extension

Essentially you want to pick parts of the page to watch.
So if you wanted to grab the Google image at Google you would do the following

1. Select create new sitemap.
    1. Enter a name
    2. Enter your starting url (Google)
  2. Click "Create Sitemap"
  3. At the next screen select "Add new selector"
    1. Selector ID is going to be the name you want in your output
    2. Type is going to be Image (or text if it's just text on the page, or URL if you want to grab a url ect.
    3. Under Selector, click "select" to pick the part of the page you are interested in.
    4. If your happy with the selection click "Done Selecting"
    5. Click "Save Selector" to save it.
  4. Under SItemap "your sitemap name" I think you choose "Scrape" to run it (it will take a long time), and "Export Data" to export it out.

View attachment 760610
Thank you very much. I will try this.

Btw Stucky and Bud is just a YouTube channel that uploads Halloween animatronic news. People just dislike them because they upload Spirit Halloween leaks which is frowned upon by fans for some reason.

·
Registered
65 Posts
They also steal other people's leaks and put their watermark over them like they did last year when ISE pictures got leaked. Hopefully eventually they get reported and get booted from youtube or something so that so hopefully someday we won't have to hear that damn music blaring over unnecessarily low quality photos of leaked images taken from other people that have their watermark slapped onto it.

61 - 80 of 232 Posts