Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wacky Mole and Two Scoops are back in stock online if anyone is wanting them. Sitting Scarecrow and Barry have also returned and they both have a $10 increase.

I'm unsure of which props from the 2021 season will return in store, though I'm certain Mr. Dark, Grim, and Shorty will be the main contenders. Wacky, Henry, and Harriet underperformed in terms of sales. I think the same can be said for Buzzsaw and Baphomet due to their price points. Harvester of Souls and Sam have both overstayed their welcome. I don't think Evelyn will return in store because that's how things are with YJ props. Most, if not all of the Crazy Create props were cheap and/or lackluster. I don't know why Spirit continues doing business with them. Their props are cheap and expensive. People bash Gemmy for their quality, but Crazy Create is no better.

Given that we saw Haunted Mansion merchandise in store last year, I have a gut feeling we'll have an animatronic this year. Given all the emphasis that Spirit put on Haunted Mansion, it wouldn't surprise me that we were supposed to have one this past season, but it got pushed back due to shipping delays.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i’ve got a good feeling we’re finally going to see some tales from the crypt or crypt keeper merch at spirit this year. the hints and the crypt keeper cameo from last year definitely point to something

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I've read online, Crypt Keeper is rumored to return this year, with the picture frame on the back ISE hinting that. He will most likely be made by another company other than Gemmy. Spirit refuses to make life sizes with Gemmy due to their decrease in quality, which is a shame because a decade ago, Spirit's ISEs consisted mainly of Gemmy. I'm assuming that the new Crypt Keeper will be made by Crazy Create.

I don't get the sudden surge for merchandise pertaining to Haunted Mansion, Killer Klownz, and Tales from the Crypt. These properties have been around for decades, why didn't Spirit jump on them sooner? Was this based on newfound public interest, or is it based on Spirit's ability to obtain licensing rights? Back in the mid-2000's Gemmy made a life size of one of the Hitchhiking Ghosts, Phineas, but it was shelved due to either manufacturing costs or lack of interest amongst buyers. I wonder if would be brought back given the recent emphasis on the Haunted Mansion.

I'm not sure if Punctured Pete will return as most Crazy Create props are available for two years or less. The two exceptions to this rule are Pennywise and Man's Possessed Friend.

·
Registered
465 Posts
It probably was more expensive as far as copyright royalties and trademarks back then. Maybe less popular now so cheaper?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I don't know if you can use performance last year to judge store availability this year, everything underperformed in store due to shipment delays, hiring issues, and management problems. It was just terrible all around last year.

Spirit didn't do much licensing back then, they preferred to use generic pieces and only bring in what another company paid for and sell it. They must have finally reached a point in the last few years where they can afford licensed products. Haunted Mansion is hugely popular with Disney fans, I'd prefer a hitchhiking Ezra myself as he looks the creepiest. There is also a new HM movie coming. Killer Klowns from Outspace is a cult property that has seen resurgence even Universal used them HHN. I'd like to see a larger prop from them, maybe Slim or Killer? The spider cocoon could be repurposed as a cotton candy one. Tales from the Crypt will always have a cult following, there was a new series planned but not sure where it's at. I have the old original Crypt Keeper and he's pretty awesome sadly a new one will likely be made out of latex and not nearly as heavy duty. I'm actually more surprised they didn't choose Creepshow? Of course there was a lot of Gremlins merch too so kinda hoping to see a gremlin animatronic.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would like to see a decent amount of the 2021 props return for this year since they were very scarce in stores last year. I personally hardly see any new props.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts