Halloween Forum banner
1501 - 1520 of 1524 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
...yah FedEx.

So use at your own risk. I’d rather take my chances driving to the stores and calling them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I love Mr. Dark...be careful when you assemble he starts out tall...lucky our bedroom has 14' ceilings.
I will probably be using him for our haunt, it's a barn with 20' ceiling so no problem there. I've heard his setup being called "Dangerous" by Youtubers. I know his looks are pretty bland, it's the animation that impresses. Is it durable? I know it's Spirit prop so that word means something pretty different. lol I went through two Demonic Dahlias with the plastic gears giving out.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I will probably be using him for our haunt, it's a barn with 20' ceiling so no problem there. I've heard his setup being called "Dangerous" by Youtubers. I know his looks are pretty bland, it's the animation that impresses. Is it durable? I know it's Spirit prop so that word means something pretty different. lol I went through two Demonic Dahlias with the plastic gears giving out.
Most of the gears are metal and the scissor lift mechanism is all metal and very heavy duty. It should last a while.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you don't mind paying full price, Spirit has a few out of stock animatronics on Amazon. You just have to search up Spirit Halloween Animatronics. Amazon also has free shipping on orders over $25 so you don't have to pay an oversized fee. They also have quicker delivery. The latest date to deliver in October is the 22nd if you order today. They also have Evelyn Leech on there if you want her before Halloween.

·
Registered
356 Posts
If you don't mind paying full price, Spirit has a few out of stock animatronics on Amazon. You just have to search up Spirit Halloween Animatronics. Amazon also has free shipping on orders over $25 so you don't have to pay an oversized fee. They also have quicker delivery. The latest date to deliver in October is the 22nd if you order today. They also have Evelyn Leech on there if you want her before Halloween.
Sad part, almost any discount you can get is gone with their shipping fees anyway. Grim was a $35 oversized fee and that box isn't that big just medium sized. Plus with Amazon you would see it before Halloween with Fed-Ex you are taking your chances.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Guys what gives? Halloween is in a couple of weeks and they haven’t released bloody bag of jokes yet?
Per the Wiki page, was intended for 2021 but appears it's not happening yet. By the most recent post, sounded to me like it doesn't even appear to have been finalized yet.

Still haven't received my call on Mr. Dark yet. Wonder if they overlooked me or if local store didn't get him yet. ??? He's the last item on my list unless I come across the Standing Scarecrow from Big Lots; which has been back on site with no way to buy him.

BTW...last shipping record with received date for Mr. Dark was back on Sept. 19.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Per the Wiki page, was intended for 2021 but appears it's not happening yet. By the most recent post, sounded to me like it doesn't even appear to have been finalized yet.

Still haven't received my call on Mr. Dark yet. Wonder if they overlooked me or if local store didn't get him yet. ??? He's the last item on my list unless I come across the Standing Scarecrow from Big Lots; which has been back on site with no way to buy him.

BTW...last shipping record with received date for Mr. Dark was back on Sept. 19.
He was finalized. On panjiva(a shipping site)it said anim 716(BBOJ)shipped on the first from china. I remember it saying that 6000 were shipped, but i may have just read it wrong.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I was excited about the Beetlejuice hanging props of Adam & Barbara. It was a must buy for me. Finally saw Adam in person. What a disappointment. Why bother making such a pathetic prop. Hes incredibly short & has toddler sized feet.
That was issue as well. If the head/hands could be life sized I wouldn't care much about the body being just material. They are also 10.00 more than other hanging props? I can just buy a mask and some old clothes and make one for that.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
He was finalized. On panjiva(a shipping site)it said anim 716(BBOJ)shipped on the first from china. I remember it saying that 6000 were shipped, but i may have just read it wrong.
I check Panjiva all the time & haven't seen any animatronics sent to Spencer/Spirit since those I posted before which was very late Sept. Only thing I saw over a week ago was Talk Chucky, Chucky II & Proton pack whatever they were & SVI 2" celtic cross (2"??? what the hell is that??).

·
Registered
532 Posts
LOL. it is not dangerous at all...I think he was the quickest animatronic I set up all season. No different than Dahlia or Jack Straw as far as danger IMO. Fingers could get pinched with those too if you're not paying attention.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I'm curious if anyone has purchased Grim and had him up for any decent length of time.

Kinda guaging the likelihood of that thing breaking...
I'm not sure that it meets your length of time qualification, but I have had Grim up for maybe a month inside my house, and have had several dozen activations, but not more than that. He has worked impeccably so far, but again only a few dozen activations. I would definitely be very careful when displaying him. I would think he is more susceptible to breakage through force than most animatronics, bit I am no engineer.

1501 - 1520 of 1524 Posts