Halloween Forum banner
1461 - 1480 of 1523 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
So now The fedex package from Indiana goes to Smartpost in Ohio.Smartpost is for small packages that the usps delivers.Not the dreaded spirit oversized.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My family stopped in to our biggest Spirit in late August/early September, not that long after it opened. Although we could tell they didn't have a few big props in yet, the store was decently supplied and the animatronics that were there were functioning well and looking good. Fast-forward to taking 3 of our nephews who live in NYC with us this past Saturday, and YIKES!

I was shocked at how much damage had been done to items like the JOL conveyer belt. Literally pumpkins had been broken in half or completely ripped off the belt. There was no more rotation and you couldn't really even tell what it had orginally done, which I thought was a cool concept of turning them from a pumpkin to a JOL. Who lets their kids up there?! How did that kind of damage get done without an employee noticing?!

Most of the animatronic spots were empty - presumably even floor models had sold. The items that were there mostly didn't work at all, or they had a slight motion like they wanted to work when you stepped on the pad, but never got enough momentum to do so. They did have a Grim on display that hadn't been there when we first went, but he seemed to only be working sporadically rather than being set off by motion or sound.

I guess I'm posting about this because most people I know (non-Halloween obsessed) haven't really thought about Halloween shopping yet. It's only the beginning of October. And yet, many stores, including Spirit, are really down to the bare bones. And yep, I'm also pretty surprised at just how much abuse/damage the things in store took in about a month! I can't believe how trashed the display area was in what is our biggest local store! I feel like this year was definitely the worst one I've seen for a while regarding damage. What a bummer, especially for those who still need to take their first trip in!
Which PA store are you talking about?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Back to pending. What a mess. I think if I ever order online from them again it will have to be spectacular and never next day. They better make it right when I call but don't want to right now as it wouldn't be good with the way I feel and it's not the fault of the poor person on the other end.

·
Registered
524 Posts
None of the Beetlejuice props have ever looked good. He was such an animated character in the movie, that having a static prop who at most spins his head (which was a forgettable part in the movie) just looks lame.

And the face masks always have him with his mouth open, just do his sneer, it’s look more believable.

Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I feel bad for the people who are having trouble with their Spirit props breaking. That's disappointing, especially since these props aren't cheap and, in some cases, weren't easy to get.

·
Registered
170 Posts
None of the Beetlejuice props have ever looked good. He was such an animated character in the movie, that having a static prop who at most spins his head (which was a forgettable part in the movie) just looks lame.

And the face masks always have him with his mouth open, just do his sneer, it’s look more believable.

Oh well.

Most Beetlejuice masks and animatronics don't look good but in my opinion, Spirit's turned out best. One thing I feel is that the green stuff on his face needs to be less neon and the eyes need to be smaller.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Most Beetlejuice masks and animatronics don't look good but in my opinion, Spirit's turned out best. One thing I feel is that the green stuff on his face needs to be less neon and the eyes need to be smaller.
They should just do the animated version lol

Wonder if it's worthwhile to get a better quality mask and redo the head?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I thought about the mask, but it looks like the face that's already on it.The eyebrows are way wrong on both and again the mouth is wide open.The old Morbid one with the plastic head had the eyebrows right.

·
Registered
524 Posts
They should just do the animated version lol

Wonder if it's worthwhile to get a better quality mask and redo the head?
I thought there was a cheap plastic mask of the cartoon version back when it was still in first run... though I doubt the kids today would be able to put together that it’s the same character. I don’t even know if anyone is running the cartoon in syndication anymore. Shame, I really like the cartoon as well.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Got this email yesterday 🙁

Dear Valued Customer,
Due to elevated demand and unforeseen delays in the supply chain, your order is still waiting to ship.
Rest assured, your item(s) will be on their way shortly and we will notify you as soon as they have shipped. We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks,
The Spirit Halloween Team

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yet to be released by whom? That's a latex mask not an animatronic. I

Got this email yesterday 🙁

Dear Valued Customer,
Due to elevated demand and unforeseen delays in the supply chain, your order is still waiting to ship.
Rest assured, your item(s) will be on their way shortly and we will notify you as soon as they have shipped. We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks,
The Spirit Halloween Team
Translation: Don't hold your breath waiting for it for this Halloween, but the jokes on you because we already got your money.

1461 - 1480 of 1523 Posts