Halloween Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Someone needs to put Sunstar out of their misery. Their products are cheap and overpriced. Plus, they leech off of Gemmy for parts and audio.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sunstar making knock offs as usual :rolleyes:
It's what happens anymore when you don't make your own products, and just come up with the blueprints. See it to much in the rare car industry at least with one I own as some parts were designed by somebody in the states but had to be manufactured by someone else and then came out a whole bunch of counterfeits.

·
Registered
369 Posts
It's what happens anymore when you don't make your own products, and just come up with the blueprints. See it to much in the rare car industry at least with one I own as some parts were designed by somebody in the states but had to be manufactured by someone else and then came out a whole bunch of counterfeits.
Yup. Seen it in automotive accessories and hiking gear. One company comes up with something innovative, and 6 months later everyone has it.

How many products will be sporting “life eyes” this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
7 Posts
Plague Doctor, Mr. Salty, Experimental Eddie, The Collector, Tug-of-War Clowns, Flesh Eating Zombie (2020), Terror Dog, Cocooned Corpse, Twisty, Looming Clown, Emperor of Souls, & Roaming Spider seem to be sticking around online for the 2021 season.

·
Registered
369 Posts
That’s what got me. Only hitch I could see is if someone prepays for something and has it shipped to store, only to not pick it up by November 1st. So now they are stuck issuing a refund and shipping the prop back.

I don’t know how their distribution setup works, or how they handle store stock carried over from previous years, but imagine there is some way for them to restock product through local DC’s or something.

·
crossfit zombie
7,613 Posts
Tekky has remade Rosemary for 2021 however since she is already on Morris Costumes, Spirit Halloween won’t be getting her (at least not in stores). She’ll most likely be sold at Party City/Halloween City.
View attachment 744305

Video here:
I have the original one she is awesome

·
Registered
255 Posts
That’s what got me. Only hitch I could see is if someone prepays for something and has it shipped to store, only to not pick it up by November 1st. So now they are stuck issuing a refund and shipping the prop back.

I don’t know how their distribution setup works, or how they handle store stock carried over from previous years, but imagine there is some way for them to restock product through local DC’s or something.

I wouldn't think if it was prepaid they would have to offer a refund unless the person asked for it That is a good point about getting stuck with it, but they could also do like their other stuff and a couple of weeks before Halloween they quit taking back returns, but again if a bigger item and can't sell they are stuck with it or eating the cost of it when clearanced. Could also do On-line purchases shipped to store are non-refundable.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,520 Posts
MOD NOTE:

Several off topic posts have been removed as they were hijacking the thread, along with some rudeness and personal attacks. As a reminder - WE DO NOT ALLOW THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR HERE.

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,614 Posts
MOD NOTE:

Several off topic posts have been removed as they were hijacking the thread, along with some rudeness and personal attacks. As a reminder - WE DO NOT ALLOW THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR HERE.
@Frankie's Girl, If I can ask, did the rudeness include critiques of products and Spirit in general, or was it directed at members?

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,520 Posts
@Frankie's Girl, If I can ask, did the rudeness include critiques of products and Spirit in general, or was it directed at members?

Talking about whether a prop was a rip off, poorly made, or general issues with the company are all appropos of the topic, and would not be considered for removal unless there was blatant falsehoods or really bad language. :)

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,614 Posts
Talking about whether a prop was a rip off, poorly made, or general issues with the company are all appropos of the topic, and would not be considered for removal unless there was blatant falsehoods or really bad language. :)
Good to hear. Thanks @Frankie's Girl! If ripping products, stores, or manufacturers were considered rude, I'd have to take my posts elsewhere. It's not that I intend to rip them, but I've been guilty of it and find feedback of all kinds very helpful in my decision making process. Quite frankly, this forum has cost me a LOT of money over the years. I love and hate when people post a pic of something I "gotta have". 🤣

With that said, back on topic about Spirit in the spirit of what I've been just sayin'... talking about most products sold at Spirit in recent years has been a waste of breath (or typing actually). So many items in their stores have been a waste of money. I have the original Rosemary, and I've used it once. It just doesn't do much for me. I miss Gemmy circa 2005 thru 2012-ish. When I saw the Leatherface in Spirit, I was absolutely in awe and couldn't afford him. I did eventually get Jason, Michael, etc. etc. They just make today's stuff look like garbage. Too bad so many of those old Gemmys are breaking down. I need to learn how to fix 'em. Or maybe Spirit can coax Gemmy into reproducing some of those old props.

We've said it a million times on these boards, but I always look forward to the opening of the local Spirit, and then when I finally get in... I leave head hanging with barely one or two minor things I might get at some point. Used to be I'd spend way more than I could justify or afford on my first visit of the season, and then buy duplicates if I find them weeks later, or heaven forbid the day after Halloween for 50% off. Ahhh, the good ole days!

·
Registered
14,286 Posts
“Halfway to Halloween” Sale going on now thru 5/7. I posted details under the Coupons, Discounts.. thread.

lol see Midwest Mystical made a post as well. No delete option! At least it stands twice the chance of getting noticed by someone here :p

I took advantage of this last year. Pretty good pre-After Halloween deal. Bought a large tree prop (although I did have a $20 extra oversize charge but given shipping rates still thought this was a good deal, assume same might be incurred this year). Didn’t know if my local store would be carrying it with some stores carrying fewer multiples and getting fewer replenishing shipment. Arrived fine and saved me a trip down the road.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts