Halloween Forum banner

121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,070 Posts
Just a confirmation about the letter that has been circulating (Spirit not doing actual stores in 2020).

Spirit has confirmed it's not true and confirmed there will be stores opening this fall for Halloween 2020.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yes, those are the ones. Unreleased as in not going to be released or just not officially revealed yet? Any idea.
Not officially revealed yet, the only things that have been are Uncle Charlie and the new Jumping Spider.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
I hope Uncle Charlie isn't it for new clowns I hope there are more, much more!!!! Don't @ me :D
We could use more clown humor (or scares) in this time of covid. I think the shoes prop might be my only purchase this year though as I have quite a number of clown props and costumes/masks to add more whenever I run with the Clowns theme. I do like that large Crouchy guy and the Bump N Go Mr. Toots and they would be my next purchases otherwise.

·
Registered
250 Posts
We could use more clown humor (or scares) in this time of covid. I think the shoes prop might be my only purchase this year though as I have quite a number of clown props and costumes/masks to add more whenever I run with the Clowns theme. I do like that large Crouchy guy and the Bump N Go Mr. Toots and they would be my next purchases otherwise.
Shoes prop? I didn't know about this...I will have to look for them

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Aside from Ellie Hatchet, there are two other unreleased animatronics: Digiteyes Clown and Anima 252.

Digiteyes Clown is similar to Wailing Phantom with the LCD eyes.

John Doe is supposedly coming back as well.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Aside from Ellie Hatchet, there are two other unreleased animatronics: Digiteyes Clown and Anima 252.

Where’d you hear about John Doe? I haven’t seen that anywhere.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I really liked the pier and shark display from last year. I often have a skeleton pirate on a dock display so it resonated well with me.
I'm always looking for the classic Universal Monsters but I guess the licensing makes them too expensive.
This year I'm hoping for a ghost theme with a haunted house set but without any gore (slaughter houses bore me).
Maybe something more along the lines of Disney's Haunted Mansion (fun with jump scares and lots of ghost noises).

Spirit also needs a "Haunter" position and by that I mean someone to show how to make a quick display with a few items or maybe have a weekend "class" teaching how to make an outside scene with lighting, sound and smoke.
Or at the very least have some small static prop areas to show how easy it is and to give some ideas to people.
The massive professionally designed displays they have in the store are fun but beyond the skill set for most.

When I worked in retail we had fish tank "starter kits".
It was a static display that gave you an idea of how it would look with a list of everything you'd need get started.
Spirit should do that for a graveyard Zombie scene or a witch at her cauldron, for example.
I think it's overwhelming for the beginner Haunter to know how to get going.
And I think we all know that one good display can start a lifelong obsession. :)
That is a GREAT idea! Like Home Depot's classes, but spooky!

·
Spooky Express
676 Posts

I haven't heard anything about John Doe returning either. I don't recall him being a great seller, so it would be surprising if he did return.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
The first John Doe, have two of him, had blood on the sheet in the head area. I used one of them in my brain research lab and thought it was perfect for that.

I bought the second one afterwards on day after sale and liked that he could be triggered and pictured two of them being connected to their multi-prop remote and sitting up at the same time in a mad lab setting.

Then they came out with a version without the blood. Can't imagine what next version would be. For some reason I thought I saw one that had alien feet...?

·
Registered
149 Posts
The first John Doe, have two of him, had blood on the sheet in the head area. I used one of them in my brain research lab and thought it was perfect for that. I bought the second one afterwards on day after sale and liked that he could be triggered and so pictured two of them with them being connected to their multi-prop remote sitting up at the same time in a mad lab setting.

Then they came out with a version without the blood. Can't imagine what next version would be. For some reason I thought I saw one that had alien feet...?
The alien one was from 2017. I don't think they're going to be coming out with another one and if they do then I'm going to be disappointed.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The first John Doe, have two of him, had blood on the sheet. Then they came out with a version without the blood. Can't imagine what next version would be. For some reason I thought I saw one that had alien feet...?
Yes there was an alien version in 2017 called “Toe Tagged Corpse” with swappable Alien/Human cosmetics. It wasn’t made by the same makers as John Doe however and the quality was quite bad tbh.

·
Registered
440 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Interesting that Uncle Charlie’s expected ship date is Aug 12th while Flesh Eating zombie is early October...

ORDER NOW! EXPECTED TO SHIP ON OR BEFORE 10/7/20

121 - 140 of 159 Posts