Halloween Forum banner

101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Spooky Express
676 Posts
It's official: an updated Uncle Charlie animatronic is returning to Spirit for 2020 for his 10-year anniversary. Comparing him to the original from 2010, some notable differences include plastic shoes instead of fabric shoes, a different hand holding the candy bucket, a more poorly painted lollipop, brown buttons on his jacket instead of red buttons, a higher quality hat material, and obviously, the face.

I feel that the original face looks far more sinister. However, the change in the facial structure is likely due to the fact that it is now latex instead of blow plastic, allowing for the addition of mouth movement (Which is definitely a huge improvement from the original, only having head movement). I don't know why the eyes are so much larger now, though. The smaller eyes on the original still glowed and didn't look as unrealistic.

I'm very happy that he has the exact same phrases as the original version as well. He also had a substantial price increase from $169.99 to $209.99 ($149.99 in 2010). I've included a visual comparison of both models.

Here is the link to his product page on Spirit's website. His full video can be viewed there as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It's official: an updated Uncle Charlie animatronic is returning to Spirit for 2020 for his 10-year anniversary. Comparing him to the original from 2010, some notable differences include plastic shoes instead of fabric shoes, a different hand holding the candy bucket, a more poorly painted lollipop, brown buttons on his jacket instead of red buttons, a higher quality hat material, and obviously, the face.

I feel that the original face looks far more sinister. However, the change in the facial structure is likely due to the fact that it is now latex instead of blow plastic, allowing for the addition of mouth movement (Which is definitely a huge improvement from the original, only having head movement). I don't know why the eyes are so much larger now, though. The smaller eyes on the original still glowed and didn't look as unrealistic.

I'm very happy that he has the exact same phrases as the original version as well. He also had a substantial price increase from $169.99 to $209.99 ($149.99 in 2010). I've included a visual comparison of both models.

View attachment 731511 View attachment 731512

Here is the link to his product page on Spirit's website. His full video can be viewed there as well.
The lollipop that the new one has is the same one that both Candy Creep and Mr. Happy have which is what I predicted in one of my previous posts so it could be possible that Wacky Mole will return this year as well since they can use Candy Creep's mallet for him.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just ordered Demonic Dahlia, the jumping black spider and the shop sitting scarecrow......20% off Dahlia, about 50% off spider and the scarecrow was only $80. First time using a freight forwarding company and a bit worried about what it's going to cost me to ship them to Australia! Hopefully it's not too bad so I can order more when more stuff comes out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
What every haunter seems to be curious about is the fact that Spirit Halloween is calling Fridays "Flashback Fridays". As wacky as this sounds (pun intended), what if Wacky Mole Clown also returns, and then they do a clown theme with throwbacks to all of the clowns they have done in the past? Crazy thought, but I'm super excited for this year!! 👻💥

·
Spooky Express
676 Posts
What every haunter seems to be curious about is the fact that Spirit Halloween is calling Fridays "Flashback Fridays". As wacky as this sounds (pun intended), what if Wacky Mole Clown also returns, and then they do a clown theme with throwbacks to all of the clowns they have done in the past? Crazy thought, but I'm super excited for this year!! 👻💥
I noticed the "Flashback Fridays" promotion too! If it were just Uncle Charlie, they wouldn't have used the plural form of Friday. I was also really excited seeing that! If more animatronics are returning, it would be amazing to see Wacky Mole again since he was such a unique clown prop, but I also hope there's more than just clowns.

·
Spooky Express
676 Posts
7 Posts
7 Posts
Someone got their hands on the 2020 Spirit Halloween/Tekky Toys adapter and found a new animatronic name on it: Ellie Hatchet

Thoughts?
I've known about that for a few days now, and the Red and Black Jumping Spider was on it too.

As for Ellie, I'm not sure. I have a few ideas though. I picture her looking a lot like Constance Hatchaway from The Haunted Mansion. She could have head and mouth movement, and possibly move her arm with the hatchet, and say puns about axes and cutting.

I have a few other variants on this idea, but I see this as the most plausible.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've known about that for a few days now, and the Red and Black Jumping Spider was on it too.

As for Ellie, I'm not sure. I have a few ideas though. I picture her looking a lot like Constance Hatchaway from The Haunted Mansion. She could have head and mouth movement, and possibly move her arm with the hatchet, and say puns about axes and cutting.

I have a few other variants on this idea, but I see this as the most plausible.
Ooooo.. considering my daughter dressed as Constance Hatchaway last year, I might be down for picking something like that up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
That black and red spider is nice (have two of the all black ones to get kids coming and going—best scare prop) but I will say the red will catch their attention and might spoil the surprise whereas an all black can hide better in the shadows. One can always add colored fur to the black one. Am I remembering the first spider design wrong? Was it all black or did it have white on it? I know they came out with a brown one like two years later.

i have a few of SH’s clown props including Uncle Charlie. Hard to image he came out 10 years ago already. I like the moving mouth but have to say the original looks more imposing and frightening with I think a larger head. Glad to see him making a come back. I probably shouldn’t even be looking at these but its fun to see what’s coming out.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
It is. Several random news websites took a letter that Haunt Former made for April fools day months ago and spread it around causing mass confusion and anger.

The stores will be open as usual with COVID rules in place:
View attachment 731479
View attachment 731480
actually disappointed customers don’t have to wear masks. Indoor location. Well established that people can still feel well but be spreaders and anything other than an N95 mask which most people can’t even get is still a bigger risk even if you are wearing one and others aren’t.

I online ordered the only prop I think I will get this year back during their halfway to halloween sale but since I have a number of clowns am intrigued by the Clown Feet. Wish there was a video. And noticed it was Sold Out already. Anyone order them? If so please post a video if you can when they arrive. Anyone see the price?

7 Posts
actually disappointed customers don’t have to wear masks. Indoor location. Well established that people can still feel well but be spreaders and anything other than an N95 mask which most people can’t even get is still a bigger risk even if you are wearing one and others aren’t.

I online ordered the only prop I think I will get this year back during their halfway to halloween sale but since I have a number of clowns am intrigued by the Clown Feet. Wish there was a video. And noticed it was Sold Out already. Anyone order them? If so please post a video if you can when they arrive. Anyone see the price?
The clown feet (if they're the ones I'm thinking of) I'm pretty sure are unreleased. All unreleased items appear as Sold Out so that's why.

Are these the ones you're talking about?

101 - 120 of 159 Posts