Halloween Forum banner

81 - 100 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I heard on YouTube that sneak peeks begin June 28th.
I noticed several new "preorder" props on ebay the other night by seller holidaytimes...Don't know if it's the same stuff that Spirit sells but it looks similar.....I'll link one of the props and then you can look at the other new items they have for sale....ZR

·
Registered
440 Posts
I noticed several new "preorder" props on ebay the other night by seller holidaytimes...Don't know if it's the same stuff that Spirit sells but it looks similar.....I'll link one of the props and then you can look at the other new items they have for sale....ZR

None of those are Spirit items, just the Seasonal Visions and Tekky Toys items that were at the Halloween expo early this year. These “preorder” items are usually a lot more expensive than the actual item so I recommend just waiting until they hit online sites and in stores.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yeah, I just assume that those "pre-orders" on eBay are simply people trying to make a profit by taking your money now, and then ordering it and having it direct delivered to you when it goes for sale. Time-arbitrage. As you are not actually pre-ordering it from some distributor, there is no guarantee (of any kind) that you will get the prop (above and beyond the normal risks you take when ordering on eBay). And, presupposing that the seller is actually acting in good faith, if they can't locate one later, they can just cancel the sale and refund your money, and the buyer has no recourse whatsoever in that case. You can't even leave a bad review.

During Halloween season you will actually see eBay listings for props then currently on, say, Home Depot's website, where the seller is just going to take your money and then immediately order on HD's website and have them ship to you. Just trying to take advantage of people and pocket a few bucks.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yeah, I just assume that those "pre-orders" on eBay are simply people trying to make a profit by taking your money now, and then ordering it and having it direct delivered to you when it goes for sale. Time-arbitrage. As you are not actually pre-ordering it from some distributor, there is no guarantee (of any kind) that you will get the prop (above and beyond the normal risks you take when ordering on eBay). And, presupposing that the seller is actually acting in good faith, if they can't locate one later, they can just cancel the sale and refund your money, and the buyer has no recourse whatsoever in that case. You can't even leave a bad review.

During Halloween season you will actually see eBay listings for props then currently on, say, Home Depot's website, where the seller is just going to take your money and then immediately order on HD's website and have them ship to you. Just trying to take advantage of people and pocket a few bucks.
Yes that’s exactly it I believe.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Some new decorations were added! Looks like Spirit is going all out with clowns this year.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Some new decorations were added! Looks like Spirit is going all out with clowns this year.
No more Clowns!!! 😡

·
Spooky Express
676 Posts
Rumor has it that an improved Uncle Charlie is returning...
Given that Doug and Phil DeGrave, a Zombie Baby from 2014, is returning, now I wouldn't be completely surprised if he does make a return. Hopefully he is in fact improved as well, since I recall that the original had several issues (Many involving the wiring and flimsy frame).

Limb Ripper also made a return in 2017, 5 years later, so it's not unheard of for Seasonal Visions to bring an animatronic back. It's definitely possible Uncle Charlie will come back too, a decade later. If he sells well, it would be very exciting to see Spirit bring back even more older props! So far we've seen it from two companies: Seasonal Visions with Limb Ripper and PartyTime Costume with Doug and Phil. I'd personally love to see a company like YJ or Gemmy bring back an old animatronic. Although for Gemmy, they'd never go back to the pop-up life-sizes. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one another

·
Registered
440 Posts
The consensus is that that is a hoax.
It is. Several random news websites took a letter that Haunt Former made for April fools day months ago and spread it around causing mass confusion and anger.

The stores will be open as usual with COVID rules in place:

·
Spooky Express
676 Posts
I'm very happy that Spirit will still be opening stores with all of the COVID safety rules. Given how crowded the store gets, especially in October, it's very smart of them to have the maximum customer capacity as well.

Reactions: ghostbust99
81 - 100 of 159 Posts