Halloween Forum banner

861 - 878 of 878 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Demogorgon arrived today.

He's pretty awesome, very tall, his material is a hard rubber with latex over the top, very solid piece. The base is heavy and has a felt like fabric on the bottom so it doesn't scratch the floors and makes him easy to slide around which is a nice touch. He was pretty easy to assemble as well. My only complaint is the "seam" where his torso and legs connect (which I already knew about from the pictures on Spirits site), but from a distance and in a darker environment it's nearly invisible. He has a copy right mark on the bottom of his foot with the official stranger things logo, not visible when standing.

He arrived in a very large box via freight which weighed well over 100lbs. The box actually wouldn't fit in through any of our doors so we stored him in the garage for a few hours and brought him inside in pieces. Pretty satisfied for the price (1k-ish including shipping). While the seam isn't ideal, it's nice being able to take him apart and move him in pieces. Some of my other large props are extremely tough to get through doors.

View attachment 741797 View attachment 741798 View attachment 741799
View attachment 741800 View attachment 741801
Wow, awesome prop for your collection! Quality looks fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
So I finally got around to going in my local Spirit stores. Was shocked at the lack of props. Almost all the display models were gone too. 😦
Managed to buy a couple of cardboard displays for my driveway carnival/farm stand. Even the fire blowers were gone at the one location. The manager was all too eager to sell me those couple of displays. Not even going to bother going on Nov. 1st. Nothing left that I want.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
So I finally got around to going in my local Spirit stores. Was shocked at the lack of props. Almost all the display models were gone too. 😦
Managed to buy a couple of cardboard displays for my driveway carnival/farm stand. Even the fire blowers were gone at the one location. The manager was all too eager to sell me those couple of displays. Not even going to bother going on Nov. 1st. Nothing left that I want.
Awesome! I have been looking to purchase another of the cardboard displays, as the Horror Hotel display looks amazing in my garage, although it was a nightmare to assemble. My store plans to sell the displays beginning on October 31st, and I am aware someone beat me to the list. Hoping I can still grab the display, more specifically the back display somewhere!

·
Registered
434 Posts
One of my favorite things of the halloween season is to do the Nov.1 and November 2nd halloween shopping and I think most stores seem pretty picked over already and I doubt I do it as much this year. We have one spirit store that has a ton of items and that may be my only stop on Sunday.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Same here. Usually I spend nov 1st & 2nd driving around to every spirit I can find. And hitting a few party citys too. Its such an exciting 2 days for me. But after going to party city & 2 spirit stores yesterday I think the best shopping day of the year is a bust. There is literally nothing left.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Same here. Usually I spend nov 1st & 2nd driving around to every spirit I can find. And hitting a few party citys too. Its such an exciting 2 days for me. But after going to party city & 2 spirit stores yesterday I think the best shopping day of the year is a bust. There is literally nothing left.
The other problem is that what is left may be reruns/ broken merchandise. And, of course, there is almost nothing left. Went to 4 different spirit stores today, and half had a few props. They are really busy too, so who knows what it will look like Sunday.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I was the first person on the list at my local Spirit Halloween for the flame lights. Also got my name on the list at a few other Spirit's just in case. Didn't get a call this morning so I went to see what's up. They sold them and most everything else from the display yesterday and didn't call anyone. 😡 All that work to get on these lists and I'm not going to get my lights.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Really odd year. Been to a couple of Spirts this week and there's nothing but costumes. I can understand being out of large props this year, but not lights, fog equipment, signs, peat moss, creepy cloth, etc. How can you be out of creepy cloth?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Seems to be mostly junk, plus those Monster Kids, that came out at $200, and I was like, am I missing something here? But I clearly was not.
The only appetizing animatronic that was placed on the post-season clearance sale, at least as of yet, was Lil' Skelly Bones at 50% off. Unfortunately, he sold out before I could get the chance to order, or anyone else for that matter. Blood Brothers have been on sale since last year, and they are yet to come down any further in price.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I got this a couple weeks ago, thought I might post it here.
New in box 2006 from Spirit. (I have the image they used for the website listing in 2006)
I know the height, price and that it was approved by UL. Does anyone have anymore info on this?
View attachment 743196
For more information 24" Lighted Cross, you can find its dedicated page on the Spirit Halloween Wiki: Lighted Cross

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Hey Mods, is there a way to just edit the title of these threads instead of having a Spirit Halloween 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019....etc? And the same with Michaels and all the other stores

·
Registered
704 Posts
Hey Mods, is there a way to just edit the title of these threads instead of having a Spirit Halloween 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019....etc? And the same with Michaels and all the other stores
I see both plus & minus reasons for this....nice to keep it all together but will be harder to search for some stuff this way for those who like to refer back to stuff. If you know the particular year a prop came out, most of the discussion would be under that particular year. Would be a good survey to see what others think.

MODS, btw, should be commended for keeping this site clean & orderly so KUDOS to all of you!!! I'm on a bird forum that has become so sloppy with multiple duplicate posts that I rarely visit anymore. No one wants to use the search box anymore. JMO.

861 - 878 of 878 Posts