Halloween Forum banner

841 - 860 of 878 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I picked up the Demogorgon, total came to roughly $1040 shipped. If anyone is interested I'll post some pictures of him once he arrives.

View attachment 741221
My first thought was...wow, that's expensive. Then, I realized how much I've probably spent this year in prop accessories, new lighting, new foam tools, tool Dremel, etc. lol

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have 3 Spirit stores in my town, and all 3 have been mostly sold out of props/ animatronics since the first week of October. It's depressing walking in there now. I'm assuming Covid had something to do with them not restocking anything?
It is standard for the Spirit Stores here. We have found out you need to hit them hard the first week they are open or be there for first animatronic order and not all Spirit stores in your area are created equal, some specialize or dominate the animatronics for the area. We missed out on Crouchy last year and had to order Pennywise via shipping.

·
Registered
630 Posts
How water proof is all this stuff from Sprit? I ask out of curiosity because some people up around the corner from me have had a Peek-a-boo clown, and a 6ft Tug of war out in their front yard for several weeks, and I thought they were crazy for leaving them out. During that time they went through several heavy rains storms, and got thrown around a bit by some moderate, and in one storm, heavy winds. What are the chances of either of these things being anything more than overpriced static props at this point? Based on the overall poor quality of Spirit's animatronics to begin with, the fact that they usually break before the season is over, and that they probably wouldn't last very long in a humid room much less a heavy rainstorm I'm guessing the probability of them still working at this point is close to or equal to zero.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I would never leave an expensive prop like that out Exposed to the elements. I don’t think that those props are meant to be out in all kinds of weather. The recommendations are for them to be under a covered porch or inside.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
How water proof is all this stuff from Sprit? I ask out of curiosity because some people up around the corner from me have had a Peek-a-boo clown, and a 6ft Tug of war out in their front yard for several weeks, and I thought they were crazy for leaving them out. During that time they went through several heavy rains storms, and got thrown around a bit by some moderate, and in one storm, heavy winds. What are the chances of either of these things being anything more than overpriced static props at this point? Based on the overall poor quality of Spirit's animatronics to begin with, the fact that they usually break before the season is over, and that they probably wouldn't last very long in a humid room much less a heavy rainstorm I'm guessing the probability of them still working at this point is close to or equal to zero.
The average person either doesn't know better or they just don't care....I see props in the weather quite a bit around here....In peoples yards, at camp ground sites, etc....They end up being static props pretty quick....The average person doesn't covet this stuff to the point some of us do....ZR

·
Registered
434 Posts
Popped in to the local Spirit Halloween store earlier today. Nobody told those folks Halloween is cancelled this year. It was packed! (y)
This is/was a bad year to want anything 50% off on November 1st. Stores are more cleared out that I can ever remember. One of my favorite things is to do the 'day after' sales all day long, I don't know if I'm going to do it this year. I actually love to see this!!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
This is/was a bad year to want anything 50% off on November 1st. Stores are more cleared out that I can ever remember. One of my favorite things is to do the 'day after' sales all day long, I don't know if I'm going to do it this year. I actually love to see this!!!
You said a mouthful there. I also dropped by Home Depot, Lowe's, and Michael's on my little discount foray. Both big stores apparently had their stuff marked down for days already, as there was next to nothing left. Michael's is holding tough with 40% off on what's left of their Halloween stuff.

While I won't be doing any November 1st discount shopping, I am glad to see that folks seem to be planning on celebrating Halloween.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
With Spirit, in particular, there was clearly an effort to ship less product to stores, especially large animatronics (and I mean MUCH less). I do not know whether they took delivery of less at a corporate level, or just kept them from stores.

·
Registered
245 Posts
From what I've heard, Spirit Halloween animatronic sales were impressive this year, likely due to Haunted Houses having to resort to many animated pieces in substitution for real people to meet COVID-19 capacity numbers. I will say that I only saw about three of each box of most animatronics at Spirit Halloween this year, less than normal years, but many of the Morris Costumes animatronics were shipped to stores to be sold as "in-store onlys".

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hit one of the Spirit stores in town, they’ve been selling out of props, so they are now setting up random ones. They had Krampus out, which is a huge meh... it’s big, and decent as a static prop, but he just swings back and forth and makes basic “scary” sounds with his mouth stuck open. Kinda lame..

They also had two of the Man’s Besty Friend in box on the floor, as well as an Elie Hatchet set up behind Krampus. Looks like they are just tossing out any stock they can find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Demogorgon arrived today.

He's pretty awesome, very tall, his material is a hard rubber with latex over the top, very solid piece. The base is heavy and has a felt like fabric on the bottom so it doesn't scratch the floors and makes him easy to slide around which is a nice touch. He was pretty easy to assemble as well. My only complaint is the "seam" where his torso and legs connect (which I already knew about from the pictures on Spirits site), but from a distance and in a darker environment it's nearly invisible. He has a copy right mark on the bottom of his foot with the official stranger things logo, not visible when standing.

He arrived in a very large box via freight which weighed well over 100lbs. The box actually wouldn't fit in through any of our doors so we stored him in the garage for a few hours and brought him inside in pieces. Pretty satisfied for the price (1k-ish including shipping). While the seam isn't ideal, it's nice being able to take him apart and move him in pieces. Some of my other large props are extremely tough to get through doors.

841 - 860 of 878 Posts