Halloween Forum banner

801 - 820 of 845 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
And sometimes the fog tube gets clogged up from so much use in store and employees aren’t smart enough to empty it. Or they don’t have the fog machine hooked up whatsoever.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Warning about the Fright in the Box prop and how horribly made it is

This is exactly why I’ve never bought a single prop made by Crazy Create.

·
Spooky Express
702 Posts

I really, REALLY hope Spirit stops sourcing animatronics from Crazy Create in the coming years. Their quality is ridiculously poor, yet the prices of Crazy Create animatronics are equivalent to props manufactured by other companies that are much higher quality. The unfortunate reality is that so many people are oblivious to the cheapness of Crazy Create and continue to buy the animatronics they produce, with Fright in the Box being the perfect example. He's one of the top sellers this year, yet the most faulty. If Crazy Create concepts were produced by essentially any other company, they may actually be worth investing in. I love Spirit, but I honestly hate Crazy Create... Except for their Zombie Babies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Stopped by spirit for the first time in a few weeks. Nearly all of the shelves with licensed merchandise/home decor were empty. Doesn't seem like they've restocked at all since my first visit.

I guess that Michael Myers LED statue isn't coming back in stock online, either.

·
Registered
599 Posts

At this point, I am not sure anyone should be surprised that any animatronic from Spirit breaks if you actually try to use it for more than 5 minutes, no matter who the manufacturer is.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was servicing a Pop-Up Zombie and a Hay Bale Popper at the same time (both with pop-up mechanism issues) when I realized both share the exact same pop-up assembly. The Pop-Up Zombie is the Spirit Halloween model from 2014 (left), and the Hay Bale Popper was sold at Spirit Halloween in 2016 (right; missing mechanisms). Are Crazy Create and Tekky animatronics from the same factory?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
So just a word of caution for anyone buying clearance Spirit props- I bought this one last year, and presumed it was brand new. When I opened it today, I found this paper taped to the loose parts. View attachment 739588 View attachment 739589
Obviously that shouldn't have been INSIDE the box! Generally, recent (last year or two, maybe three) props that are on clearance are individual props that are damaged in some way. Older props that are still kicking around may be NIB and on clearance. For example I bought a Sawing Wood Doll a week ago for $16 (after 20% off) NIB. All copies of a given prop or props may be discounted as Halloween approaches, buy they won't be on clearance.

·
Registered
160 Posts
While going a little out of the way to check on wipes at Target, among other errands, saw they had a pretty big Spirit store attached next door where a Babies R Us was & stopped in. Store was huge & very spread out. Had quite a bit of stuff left. Had a coupon so walked out with Peep 'N Peepers Sis tried to get me at CVS but wouldn't accept her coupon. Also came out with some neat press-on nails:
View attachment 738994

View attachment 738995

View attachment 738996

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the "eyes" but had bought a creepy mask from Menards & decided to hold a pair inside the mask & fits perfectly, so now I have yet another prop:
View attachment 738997

Since the 3 pair of eyes are attached but by quite a long section of wire, I bought another of the same mask & then a different one..
View attachment 738998

Not sure if I want to make a trio of demons or a monster totem???

I know versions of these eyes have been around awhile & think they were meant for bushes but if I find them cheap very near or after Halloween, I might snap up a couple more. Has a timer function as well.
Oooh totem has my vote!

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
953 Posts
I would try your local spirit stores...we have seen at a couple of them recently...we bought one. The Halloween franchise stuff is ridiculous with the people buying it and selling it at cons. We actually joked about this piece and said we would see it at HorrorHound next year for $100 at a particular vendor's stand who is always grumpy AF.
Im always at HH! Are you referring to TOT booth lol!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Someone else noted and I can confirm... Nightcrawler is easily the most complex animatronic I have put together. It wasn't too bad but I did have to go back a couple times and undo things to get another step done. Suck's that I will have to take it down all the way to get it back in the box.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Someone else noted and I can confirm... Nightcrawler is easily the most complex animatronic I have put together. It wasn't too bad but I did have to go back a couple times and undo things to get another step done. Suck's that I will have to take it down all the way to get it back in the box.
Every Crazy Create prop is like that. They have horrible “permanent” setups that require screws and zip ties. Man’s Possessed Friend is also impossible to get back in the box.

801 - 820 of 845 Posts