Halloween Forum banner

781 - 800 of 845 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
In store pic of a few of the Morris props. As you can see in the back, stores can set them up if a theme is missing an animatronic.

Reactions: Skullkrane

·
Registered
583 Posts
All the in store Morris props that we know of:
-Catacob Creature
-Cuddles the Clown
-Rotten Ringmaster (2 versions with clown or kid)
-Cagey the Clown (2 versions, with clown or kid)
-Sweet Dreams Clown
-Underworld Clown
-Crouching Clown (Red)
-Crouching Clown (Blue)
-Lunging Reaper
-Twitching Clown
-Twitching Ghoul
-Underworld Clown
-Candy Creep
-Scorched Scarecrow
-Swinging Skeletal Boy

Also not every store will get them. Most likely only select bigger stores with good animatronic sales.

Reactions: Skullkrane and doto

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Spirit Halloween really surprised me today... I come into work and my manager tells me we got a "ringmaster" in, a "crouching clown" etc...
Turns out we had Online Only shipments like Catacomb Creature, Rotten Ringmaster, Clown Cage w/ Kid, Crouching Clown, a SVI swinging skeleton boy, twitching clown AND ghoul (clown sold today)!
Anybody else have this surprise in their store, or is my store unique because we crush business?

·
Registered
8 Posts
N
My Spirit Halloween really surprised me today... I come into work and my manager tells me we got a "ringmaster" in, a "crouching clown" etc...
Turns out we had Online Only shipments like Catacomb Creature, Rotten Ringmaster, Clown Cage w/ Kid, Crouching Clown, a SVI swinging skeleton boy, twitching clown AND ghoul (clown sold today)!
Anybody else have this surprise in their store, or is my store unique because we crush business?
Nevermind, just scrolled up. LMAO

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a couple questions for those that might know. When do the clearance/sales start? Also how much of a percentage off do they usually do? There's a few decor items I'd love to pick up on sale.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,783 Posts
With Halloween being a Saturday, in-store clearance is likely to be just Nov 1st and 50% off.
Lighting and fog machines are typically are pulled from the floor and are unavailable for discount following Halloween.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
With Halloween being a Saturday, in-store clearance is likely to be just Nov 1st and 50% off.
Lighting and fog machines are typically are pulled from the floor and are unavailable for discount following Halloween.
I have only been following Spirit since 2015, but I thought it was always the 1st and 2nd of November? Do you think it might be different because the 1st is a Sunday? I think it will be open the 1st and 2nd as usual. There is so little cost involved with a 2nd day.
Also, while I haven't been looking for fog machines or lights, I thought it has been fair game on them too the last couple of years? I had heard that about fog machines not being out, but I also heard that that changed a couple of years ago and now they were 50% off too.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,783 Posts
Typically the store is only open beyond November 1st if the likelihood Halloween partys will follow right after halloween and the store will capitalize on last minute shoppers. When this occurs the costumes typically are only reduced 25%.
Unless there's different rules for non-consignment franchisee's I'm pretty sure fog machines and lighting will be pulled. They were definitely pulled last year.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Typically the store is only open beyond November 1st if the likelihood Halloween partys will follow right after halloween and the store will capitalize on last minute shoppers. When this occurs the costumes typically are only reduced 25%.
Unless there's different rules for non-consignment franchisee's I'm pretty sure fog machines and lighting will be pulled. They were definitely pulled last year.
I'm not sure that is accurate. They know there are plenty of Halloween nuts who are buying for the next year.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks everybody. Do they do discounts on the website as well?
Yes, discounts can be found on the website, but only certain animatronics are placed on discount and the discount can range from 20% off to 75% off.

As for in-stores, here are last years numbers that I was able to calculate:

November 1st:
Animatronics 50% OFF
Costumes 25% OFF
Fog Machines/Liquid NO DISCOUNT
*Employees receive an additional of 15% (after calculations) on animatronics (unsure of the discount on the other categories)

November 2nd-3rd:
Everything (excluding fog items) 50% OFF

While most stores close on the second day, I have seen some go beyond the third into the fourth.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, discounts can be found on the website, but only certain animatronics are placed on discount and the discount can range from 20% off to 75% off.

As for in-stores, here are last years numbers that I was able to calculate:

November 1st:
Animatronics 50% OFF
Costumes 25% OFF
Fog Machines/Liquid NO DISCOUNT
*Employees receive an additional of 15% (after calculations) on animatronics (unsure of the discount on the other categories)

November 2nd-3rd:
Everything (excluding fog items) 50% OFF

While most stores close on the second day, I have seen some go beyond the third into the fourth.
Awesome. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hanging Looming Phantom and Root of Evil have been added to the in select stores Morris/Seasonal Visions lineup.

Reactions: kristinms8

·
Registered
675 Posts
While going a little out of the way to check on wipes at Target, among other errands, saw they had a pretty big Spirit store attached next door where a Babies R Us was & stopped in. Store was huge & very spread out. Had quite a bit of stuff left. Had a coupon so walked out with Peep 'N Peepers Sis tried to get me at CVS but wouldn't accept her coupon. Also came out with some neat press-on nails:

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the "eyes" but had bought a creepy mask from Menards & decided to hold a pair inside the mask & fits perfectly, so now I have yet another prop:

Since the 3 pair of eyes are attached but by quite a long section of wire, I bought another of the same mask & then a different one..

Not sure if I want to make a trio of demons or a monster totem???

I know versions of these eyes have been around awhile & think they were meant for bushes but if I find them cheap very near or after Halloween, I might snap up a couple more. Has a timer function as well.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Stopped by Spirit first time this year. Like someone else mentioned, the soul eater wasn't working at this one either. Wouldn't lift the child.

Halloween Express had a great reskin of the Headless horseman from Home Depot as a Grim Reaper on horseback.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Stopped by Spirit first time this year. Like someone else mentioned, the soul eater wasn't working at this one either. Wouldn't lift the child.

Halloween Express had a great reskin of the Headless horseman from Home Depot as a Grim Reaper on horseback.
I saw that too. Kind of an important movement to break. I really thought he was cool but I have to pass if it is common.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I saw that too. Kind of an important movement to break. I really thought he was cool but I have to pass if it is common.
The lifting issue is due to the rubber band expanding and becoming too loose. The swap is quite easy to complete, even for an animatronic repair rookie.

781 - 800 of 845 Posts