Halloween Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Got my 1/2 way to Halloween email from Spirit. 20% off everything & free ship over $100. Wish they still had that dog that shot out of the doghouse. Really wanted that & know they hardly ever offer free ship on animatronics. Also always wanted the Sitting Scarecrow with the candy bowl so will probably get that & maybe the Cocooned Corpse. Hi all! Haven't been on in awhile but didn't see anyone mention this yet & didn't want you all to miss out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Got my 1/2 way to Halloween email from Spirit. 20% off everything & free ship over $100. Wish they still had that dog that shot out of the doghouse. Really wanted that & know they hardly ever offer free ship on animatronics. Also always wanted the Sitting Scarecrow with the candy bowl so will probably get that & maybe the Cocooned Corpse. Hi all! Haven't been on in awhile but didn't see anyone mention this yet & didn't want you all to miss out.
The discount is only going on until the 8th of May. I wish a discount was always on their website at least for the animatronics because the oversized shipping price makes your order way to expensive.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think COVID 19 could affect Spirit Halloween's animatronic line-up because I sent them an email asking if they are getting more Hugz the Clown animatronics in and this is what they said.

"Thank you for reaching out to Spirit Halloween guest services. I cannot say for certain if Hugz is going to be coming back this year. This time of year we are usually finalizing what is and isn’t definitely returning/will be available from the manufacturer, but with the current global pandemic, it has stunted a lot of the communication we have and what may be available from the manufacturers. If you have your heart set on Hugz, I would suggest getting him now."

·
Registered
395 Posts
With Pennywise and Sam returning I doubt we’ll get a new licensed figure this year, although it’s still possible. I seriously hope they fix Pennywise this time as he had quality problems (most notably an embarrassingly quiet speaker even on its highest level). I also hope they distribute them in larger numbers this time too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It would be stupid not get a Jason for the 40th anniversary of Friday the 13th. Halloween is probably my favorite franchise, but it really wouldn't make much sense to be making a new Michael Myers animatronic or large scale prop as they just released one over the past couple of years.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don’t think it’s ever too early to start thinking about Halloween. I am looking for ideas and props year round. Last year we did a dead mans swamp, dead and breakfast, saw walkthrough, carnevil with creepy games people could play, and a cemetery. We have done asylums, butcher shops, freak shows and an electric chair. I would also like to see more of the monsters. I stumbled on a mummy find at goodwill a couple years ago and we incorporated it into the woods. Built a pyramid and cats and tombs and all. Wasn’t a big hit. I’m afraid youngsters are not going to know who these monsters are if we don’t start seeing them around.

·
Registered
395 Posts
There’s a licensing lawsuit surrounding all Friday the 13th merchandise that’s been going on for a couple years. That’s the reason there’s been very few Jason related merch for Halloween lately. Gemmy tried making a new life size Jason last year and this year but it got canceled both times due to the lawsuit.

·
Registered
243 Posts
There’s a licensing lawsuit surrounding all Friday the 13th merchandise that’s been going on for a couple years. That’s the reason there’s been very few Jason related merch for Halloween lately. Gemmy tried making a new life size Jason last year and this year but it got canceled both times due to the lawsuit.
View attachment 729877
Spirit had a lot of Friday the 13th merch last Halloween. I thought maybe they were wetting people's beaks for this Halloween. I loaded up on Jason pathway lights for this 40th anniversary. Our haunt is largely themed around classic horror films from Nosferatu to Trick R Treat. I would buy a Jason animatronic for the same reason I bought the Michael Myers I just collect everything from those franchises, but these props can actually look cooler if they are static and you add lighting and don't let people get too close to them. The masks they use are garbage anyways LOL

61 - 76 of 76 Posts