Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think they should have a little girl on a slide that says come up and slide with me and then she slides down the slide for an animatronic

·
Registered
727 Posts
For some reason, Jack Straw and Man's Possessed Friend aren't showing up online.

I'm not really surprised about these returning, but I wish that The Collector would have been apart of those to return in-store.

You'd think that they would've included; Tortured Torso, Bloodthirsty Betty, and Graveyard Ghoul.
I would have been surprised if any of those three returned. Tortured Torso was not an impressive prop and looked very cheap in person. Plus the employees generally shut it off because it was annoying and a constant motion prop. Maybe you could shut the volume off. I read that Bloodthirsty Betty was notorious for breaking quickly. And, as I have posted before, Graveyard Ghoul suffered from a design defect. There is simply no way for it to operate without the hair getting tangled in the mechanism.

Just my two cents! Feel free to ignore. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Why do I think we are just going to end up with a bunch of clowns thrown into the middle of whatever displays they can repurpose from the last few years like in an abandoned building, shopping mall, or subway station? It seems like the theme is secondary, and largely unrelated to the actual props, but just a way to get the products on display for the squeekers.
I heard that the displays are planned and designed years ahead while the animatronics are planned and designed around December and January. So that could be a reason why the animatronics were out of place in last year's display.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the theme should be spirit hallows day care and I’m not Sure what animatronic to bring back...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I've been trying to apply to work at Spirit for the 2020 season, but to no avail. Last year, I was able to apply on March 26, so it's my guess that recent events are to blame. Earlier this year, I asked my boss where we would be and she told me that it was most likely the former Toys R' Us that we've been situated in for the past two years.

Given the animatronics that are set to be in store, I'm starting to brainstorm the possible ISEs for this year. Given that people are assuming Spirit will do something circus related, in honor of Cirque Du Spirit, I can see a circus/or freakshow setup for the main ISE. In this ISE, there'd be:

• Crouchy
  • Pennywise
  • Sam
  • Demonic Dahlia
I think Spirit would lean towards a freakshow because that would allow them to have a wider range of animatronics, aside from clowns. I feel that Sam and Dahlia would fit in a freakshow theme perfectly. in the past, Spirit would have all of their licensed life sizes grouped together, but I bet that they've abandoned this approach.

I'm assuming that Bubba, Jack Straw, Sitting Scarecrow, and the Jumping Spider will be placed in a farm setting, or they'll be spread throughout the ISEs that Spirit sees fit. Hopefully, Spirit will put more thought into their ISEs as opposed to last year's.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've been trying to apply to work at Spirit for the 2020 season, but to no avail. Last year, I was able to apply on March 26, so it's my guess that recent events are to blame. Earlier this year, I asked my boss where we would be and she told me that it was most likely the former Toys R' Us that we've been situated in for the past two years.

Given the animatronics that are set to be in store, I'm starting to brainstorm the possible ISEs for this year. Given that people are assuming Spirit will do something circus related, in honor of Cirque Du Spirit, I can see a circus/or freakshow setup for the main ISE. In this ISE, there'd be:

• Crouchy
  • Pennywise
  • Sam
  • Demonic Dahlia
I think Spirit would lean towards a freakshow because that would allow them to have a wider range of animatronics, aside from clowns. I feel that Sam and Dahlia would fit in a freakshow theme perfectly. in the past, Spirit would have all of their licensed life sizes grouped together, but I bet that they've abandoned this approach.

I'm assuming that Bubba, Jack Straw, Sitting Scarecrow, and the Jumping Spider will be placed in a farm setting, or they'll be spread throughout the ISEs that Spirit sees fit. Hopefully, Spirit will put more thought into their ISEs as opposed to last year's.
I heard that Spirit Halloween plans their displays years in advance so the animatronics do not determine what the displays are going to be. But yes I also think this year's displays could be a throwback to their 2010 displays. I think the displays could be redesigns of the 2010 displays, kind of like what they did with the House of Horrors in 2012.

·
Spooky Express
666 Posts
Yeah, me two. It and Electrified Eddie were the only two I had to have. Oh yeah, also the Trick or Treat kid. Managed to get the Collector on Nov 1.
The Collector was definitely one of my favorites last year as well, along with Crouchy and Sam. You're lucky to have gotten one at the clearance sale! I'd love to see more large animatronics like him and Crouchy this year. They tend to always impress me in person.

·
Spooky Express
666 Posts

• Crouchy
  • Pennywise
  • Sam
  • Demonic Dahlia

It would be amazing to see a new freak show as an ISE in honor of Cirque Du Spirit this year! You make a very good point that the range of animatronics that would fit in the theme is much greater than just clowns. It worked perfectly in 2010 with clowns, a mummy, a werewolf, a zombie, a skeleton, a mirror, and a baby, all of which are very different props that you wouldn't expect to be together. So I can definitely see them pulling it off this year as well.

I would love to see all the licensed figures grouped together once again, but the last time they did that was in 2012 (And even then it was only 2 licensed animatronics with 2 regular animatronics) so the idea has definitely been abandoned for a while. This year is also the 10-year anniversary of the Spirit Horrorplex Theater, though, so maybe there's a chance we will get something like that again this season. It may be unlikely since animatronics like Pennywise would fit in the Freak Show too, but we can hope. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
What items were they? The wooden beams that were utilized for the farmhouse were retained for the aquarium on the back ISE.
Sad part cant't remember but what the front part was was as ours was seperated but part of it was the farm house. I know the lasers were not available that year as wsa after those but there was additional items also.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts