Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Spooky Express
666 Posts
As for returning animatronics this year, often the theme influences which animatronics return as well, but these are my predictions at the moment:
  • Crouchy
  • Jack Straw
  • Abandoned Annie
  • Bloodthirsty Betty
Sam is a notable mention as well considering how well he sold, but Spirit has only re-released licensed animatronics a second year twice (Jason in 2007 and 2008, and Jack Skellington in 2017 and 2018). Because of that it is possible he'll return this year, but still unlikely.

One licensed animatronic I REALLY want to see make a comeback is Leatherface, and I'm sure most collectors would agree. The new horror merchandise sold very well last year, which definitely gives hope for more licenses coming this year as well!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I know in 2018 they were only selling part of the display some of it they were reusing for 2020, at least I thought 2020 could have been 2021. As I'm usually in the store soon after they open and have my name down for some part of the display. Couldn't get some items I wanted that year as they were saving them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Guh hate clowns.
Yeah, I could care less for clowns. I want more "traditional" Halloween characters, such as reapers, witches, etc. Though, I've read online that people are suspecting a carnival theme, considering that 2020 is the tenth anniversary of Cirque Du Spirit. People also want Uncle Charlie to make a comeback, and Seasonal Visions has already introduced two animatronics at this year's Halloween Expo; Mr. Happy and Candy Creep. Both animatronics hold a lolipop, so it might serve as an allusion to Uncle Charlie's return, but it could just be a coincidence.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I know in 2018 they were only selling part of the display some of it they were reusing for 2020, at least I thought 2020 could have been 2021. As I'm usually in the store soon after they open and have my name down for some part of the display. Couldn't get some items I wanted that year as they were saving them.
What items were they? The wooden beams that were utilized for the farmhouse were retained for the aquarium on the back ISE.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also love the more traditional. Witches, vampires, werewolves. But since I'm coming to the USA in October and it will be my first Spirit experience (if stupid virus hasn't ruined my plans) then anything will be good.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I ended up burning I think $120 on their fencing last year, it really helped the yard. Also had 33 pukkins haha. When it comes to SH and their animatronics....whatever it is Really has to get at me to consider buying it. I really wanted the two girls holding hands, $180(??) but my budget was blown. I've already started putting back $$ for Halloween2020, I'm hoping for $2K this year (don't judge me!). I also started a lemax spooky town, daaaaame that stuff is expensive.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm hoping that Spirit brings back some of the older animatronics. The ones I have in mind are Uncle Charlie and Wacky Mole Clown. I know the animatronics are not that great but the designs of them are really good in my opinion and since one of Season Vision's newer animatronics (Candy Creep) has a lollipop (which is not exactly the same sculpt as Uncle Charlie's lollipop) and a mallet (which is the same sculpt as Wacky Mole's mallet) then this could mean that they are also using the molds of the sculpts to produce new Uncle Charlie and Wacky Mole animatronics for 2020 (this is just a theory). They could also improve them either by giving them more animation or just improve some things (kind of like what they did with Limb Ripper in 2017).

·
Registered
135 Posts
As for returning animatronics this year, often the theme influences which animatronics return as well, but these are my predictions at the moment:
  • Crouchy
  • Jack Straw
  • Abandoned Annie
  • Bloodthirsty Betty
Sam is a notable mention as well considering how well he sold, but Spirit has only re-released licensed animatronics a second year twice (Jason in 2007 and 2008, and Jack Skellington in 2017 and 2018). Because of that it is possible he'll return this year, but still unlikely.

One licensed animatronic I REALLY want to see make a comeback is Leatherface, and I'm sure most collectors would agree. The new horror merchandise sold very well last year, which definitely gives hope for more licenses coming this year as well!
Leatherface would be a good character to make into an animatronic but I'm hoping for a 2018 Michael Myers since Halloween Kills is coming out and the one they made in 2018 was awful.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah, I could care less for clowns. I want more "traditional" Halloween characters, such as reapers, witches, etc. Though, I've read online that people are suspecting a carnival theme, considering that 2020 is the tenth anniversary of Cirque Du Spirit. People also want Uncle Charlie to make a comeback, and Seasonal Visions has already introduced two animatronics at this year's Halloween Expo; Mr. Happy and Candy Creep. Both animatronics hold a lolipop, so it might serve as an allusion to Uncle Charlie's return, but it could just be a coincidence.
Yeah, some people have been saying that 2020 could be a "throwback year".

·
Registered
135 Posts
Spirit Halloween updated their website to where most of the animatronic pages are labeled as "Online Only". The ones that are not labeled include Crouchy, Pennywise, Sam, Man's Possessed Friend, Jack Straw, Demonic Dahlia, Sitting Scarecrow, and both versions of the Jumping Spider. So this could mean that these animatronics are returning to stores this year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Spirit Halloween updated their website to where most of the animatronic pages are labeled as "Online Only". The ones that are not labeled include Crouchy, Pennywise, Sam, Man's Possessed Friend, Jack Straw, Demonic Dahlia, Sitting Scarecrow, and both versions of the Jumping Spider. So this could mean that these animatronics are returning to stores this year.
For some reason, Jack Straw and Man's Possessed Friend aren't showing up online.

I'm not really surprised about these returning, but I wish that The Collector would have been apart of those to return in-store.

You'd think that they would've included; Tortured Torso, Bloodthirsty Betty, and Graveyard Ghoul.

·
Spooky Express
666 Posts
I'm definitely not surprised the Jumping Spider will be returning for its 10th year, they still sell like hot cakes every year. This will be the Sitting Scarecrow's 5th year as well. Jack Straw and Demonic Dahlia both got many good scares by unexpectedly standing up as well, so it makes sense that they are returning too. Given how well Sam and Pennywise sold, too, it's reasonable that both of them will be returning. Although I do hope neither of them take the place of another licensed figure.

I'm very happy Crouchy is back too! He was my favorite animatronic last year just because he was so large, unique, and menacing yet simple. I'm hoping for another larger-than-lifesize animatronic like him this year.

I do wish Man's Possessed Friend weren't returning, though. He's poorly made and a massive pain to assemble, but he continues to sell because he continues to scare people.

·
Registered
135 Posts
For some reason, Jack Straw and Man's Possessed Friend aren't showing up online.

I'm not really surprised about these returning, but I wish that The Collector would have been apart of those to return in-store.

You'd think that they would've included; Tortured Torso, Bloodthirsty Betty, and Graveyard Ghoul.
They could return but only online. Kind of like how Pumpkin Patch Prowler was brought back in 2019 but as an online-only exclusive even though he sold very well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the 2020 theme for Spirit Halloween should be spirit hallows day care and on one side you can have double trouble girls and swinging sally and jumping spider and demonic dahlia on one side and on the other side have abandoned Annie and tug of war guys and rocking horse dolly and up front have a day care sight and hanging from it cocooned corpse and on the other side creepy rising doll that was used in 2015 swamp tours and in the back have a play ground with ring around the Rosie group
And roaming Rosie red Antigue doll and some new animatronics this year

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the 2020 theme for Spirit Halloween should be spirit hallows day care and on one side you can have double trouble girls and swinging sally and jumping spider and demonic dahlia on one side and on the other side have abandoned Annie and tug of war guys and rocking horse dolly and up front have a day care sight and hanging from it cocooned corpse and on the other side creepy rising doll that was used in 2015 swamp tours and in the back have a play ground with ring around the Rosie group
And roaming Rosie red Antigue doll and some new animatronics this year

·
Registered
499 Posts
Why do I think we are just going to end up with a bunch of clowns thrown into the middle of whatever displays they can repurpose from the last few years like in an abandoned building, shopping mall, or subway station? It seems like the theme is secondary, and largely unrelated to the actual props, but just a way to get the products on display for the squeekers.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts