Halloween Forum banner

1141 - 1153 of 1153 Posts

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
I finally went to a regular Spirit recently as the one in my town is just a costume store with some props jammed in the middle. It looked terrible. No cohesive theme translated to the store looking like a vaguely shore themed Halloween junk shop. The "haunted house" was disappointing as some of the screens weren't working and it was just... Boring. It took way too long for anything to happen on the screens that did work. With all the props they had it could have been so much better. Don't do a "haunted house" if you're not going to even use your own products in it. Wasn't the point of the original "haunted house" to show off some of the cool lights and things that just can't be shown on a fully lit show floor? Why go to this boring tunnel of TVs?
Of course the costume areas were perfect... Each area has a theme and it's organized. If they took that same approach with their decor and props it would 1000 times better.

·
Registered
370 Posts
It's always really interesting seeing the price differences between Canada and the U.S.. Do you happen to remember how much Crouchy and the Collector were at your store?
Crouchy was $349. I forget Collector’s price but I assume it would be similar.

·
Registered
395 Posts
🧟‍♂️ Just got my Billy Butcherson groundbreaker. I had to order online since I never found him in any of the local stores. His face is not as detailed as the hanging billy head prop but its still good. His wig is just okay. The hair is crimped at the roots which is a bit weird. The hanging billy head prop had less full hair but goes better with the prop. His outfit is very nice. His stand is fine for indoors but any slight wind would knock him over. He is top heavy and the stand is not very stable. I'm very happy to have him since im a fan of Hocus Pocus and would recommend him. 🧟‍♂️

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm on the fence about Abandoned Annie, which I noted is a Spirit exclusive, so we're stuck with the pricing. Any buyers want to express their delight or remorse? Thanks.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm on the fence about Abandoned Annie, which I noted is a Spirit exclusive, so we're stuck with the pricing. Any buyers want to express their delight or remorse? Thanks.
Didn't buy it of course, but I saw one at a store that couldn't have been opened for more than 2-3 weeks and it was already broke. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Did anyone get Demonic Dahlia? I cannot get her back in the box LOL I remember the main pole that had the gear attached you had to fold out and now it wont fold back and there is no way I want to snap anything related to the gear box. If I have to I will store it seperate. But if anyone knows this prop, any help would be awesome...thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Did anyone get Demonic Dahlia? I cannot get her back in the box LOL I remember the main pole that had the gear attached you had to fold out and now it wont fold back and there is no way I want to snap anything related to the gear box. If I have to I will store it seperate. But if anyone knows this prop, any help would be awesome...thank you!!!
I always have the same problem storing spirit props in their original boxes.. I want to throw it all in but I also dont want anything breaking.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I always have the same problem storing spirit props in their original boxes.. I want to throw it all in but I also dont want anything breaking.
I think I figured it out. When you initially set it up it gets locked in to the gear but further down the main piece there is another hole and this serves as a pivot point to let the prop get a more manageable size to put away. You just have to unscrew it on both sides and use the secondary hole. I'm surprised they didn't put this in the instructions. I'm guessing this also works on the scarecrow prop that is very similar to Dahlia.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went ahead and bought Abandoned Annie at the Spirit 50% off sale, and I couldn't be happier. She was the display model, so she was tried-and-true so to speak, and with a fresh set of batteries, she works perfectly. :love: She's standing next to me as I type this. (I keep my decorations up year-round.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went ahead and bought Abandoned Annie at the Spirit 50% off sale, and I couldn't be happier. She was the display model, so she was tried-and-true so to speak, and with a fresh set of batteries, she works perfectly. :love: She's standing next to me as I type this. (I keep my decorations up year-round.)
I should have mentioned I also got Captain Jack and his steering wheel from the top of the boathouse, as well as the red lights that shine on him. He voyages on in my back room! 👻 I also got the circular Reaper logo from atop the room with the aquarium screens. I also got one of the Spirit Halloween signs, just for the nostalgia while the stores are gone for the season.

1141 - 1153 of 1153 Posts