Halloween Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1153 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Spirit can be so frustrating...we want to see if a store has a certain animatronic in stock and the 'phone banks' are not open, meanwhile all the stores currently are open #FAIL
Yeah, I don’t see why every other store can show what items they have in stock but Spirit can’t. Same thing goes with a Canadian pricing option.

·
Registered
236 Posts
What prop are you looking for I spoke with an agent according to them pennywise and sam are big sellers this year.
You nailed it with Pennywise...we have a connect (we have the managers phone number) with our spirit on this side of town but we took a chance and drove to the other side of town to see if they had Pennywise, no such luck. They did have Sam though (which we already have because the Spirit on this side of town held it for us). They seem to be lacking animatronic stock this year more than any other year I can remember. Our Spirit still hasn't received a single Pennywise, and only has gotten one Crouchy all year so far.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I bought crouchy it was the store display. Trying to find a sam too they wont give an extra discount on store displays I ended up ordering pennywise online.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah, when I saw Sam in the store I just immediately picked him up and didn't put him down while I looked around at the rest of the store. What i ordinarily do is take large boxes up to the front and have the cashier hold them until I leave, but I wasn't taking any chances. :cool:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, it looks like Pennywise and Sam won't be in stock the rest of the season, so whatever is left at stores is it!
View attachment 721888
I figured when I saw a ton of these pop up on ebay for $500+...I was hoping Spirit was doing a trickle release of their new animatronics to defend against the people just buying them to re-sell at a higher $$$ amount. I knew I should have bought the one I did see out of town...:) oh well

·
Registered
242 Posts
Spirit can be so frustrating...we want to see if a store has a certain animatronic in stock and the 'phone banks' are not open, meanwhile all the stores currently are open #FAIL
I experienced that problem while trying to hunt down Sam earlier this month. I spent about 90 minutes waiting for their customer service lines to be open.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I figured when I saw a ton of these pop up on ebay for $500+...I was hoping Spirit was doing a trickle release of their new animatronics to defend against the people just buying them to re-sell at a higher $$$ amount. I knew I should have bought the one I did see out of town...:) oh well
Sam is a simple animatronic while i can see Pennywise's pop up mechanism failing rather quickly.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Just put up my 2018 Nightmare Harvester for the first time. His legs are a little spindly (by design?). He fell over once before I staked him down but he incredibly wasn't damaged. Very surprising given his height.

What I wanted to comment on is that I am very impressed by this prop. He looks cool with the lighted pumpkin, but the really outstanding thing is his voice/speaker. I might have 50 or 60 lifesize or near life size animatronics (Spirit type retail) and this is the best combo speaker/voice I own. Deep bass. I was startled by its quality when I first heard it. I recommend this prop.

Mike

·
Registered
370 Posts
No idea how this got posted here... Deleting....

If the pennywise prop fails quickly. Demonic Dahlia will fail even quicker,
It seems Jack Straw is twice as faulty as Dahlia for some reason despite them using the exact same mechanism. Pennywise uses the same mechanism as the 2017 Forest Demon which was known to be pretty faulty. Heck almost every Crazy Create (the company that made these 4 and other props at Spirit) Item has been known to have multiple issues.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Pennywise will be here soon.. I might get the store display sam I'll ask if I can get a discount due to it being a display then use my 25% off coupon.

1101 - 1120 of 1153 Posts