Halloween Forum banner

821 - 840 of 1157 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anybody purchased their signs before? What’s the quality like? I’m looking at these two. View attachment 715983 View attachment 715984
I think they’re the best signs Spirit has made in a minute (as far as quality goes). It’s a decently printed image on the fiberboard. Good weight to it too. This sign has 2 ways to hang it which is nice. I’m super happy with mine.

·
Registered
291 Posts
So far, Abandoned Annie is my favorite. It's less surreal than the Creepy Rising Doll, but that kind of makes the similar face-splitting better.

I'm also intrigued by Waving Wally. He seems to be going for a much subtler brand of horror, and looks like an animatronic of an animatronic, like an old clown figure from a 1970s boardwalk. Interesting.
Hey, the 2016 Spirit Halloween Discussion Starter! I believe that was the first one! Glad to see you around!

·
Spooky Express
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #825
So I can officially confirm that The Collector is made by PartyTime Costume as well. I'm still very shocked about both him and Crouchy, since their movement and proportions are so similar to Nightmare Harvester's. At least PartyTime Costume's past animatronics have lasted entire seasons, and they seem to be designed well with good materials. We only have 2 animatronics to judge them on so far, though.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Haha I'm loving their increasing appearances in the animatronic lineups! Static as it may be, the Burlap Horror Scarecrow lasts for quite a long time 😂. Also, both the Burlap Horror and Crouchy have the most epic hands I have ever seen on an animatronic, so PartyTime Costume has to be doing something right xD.

I'm interested to see how anyone here who will be purchasing Crouchy and has at least one other PartyTime prop would rank them in the 2019 companies lineup, namely (alphabetically):

Crazy Create, Gemmy Industries, Magic Powers Corp., NewRaySun Electronics, Pan Asian Creations, PartyTime Costume, Seasonal Visions International, Seasons USA, Sunstar Industries, Tailuxe Artware, Tekky Design, Wo Yu, and YJ Toys and Crafts.

·
Spooky Express
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #829
Does anybody know if the hanging Sam is in the same scale/size as the animatronic?
I have not seen the animatronic Sam in person yet, but I have seen the hanging Sam and he is definitely life-size. The hands are child-sized and the head definitely seems to be proportionally accurate as well. It's also made by the same company as the animatronic, YJ Toys and Crafts, so I'm almost certain they would have used the same proportions. I know for sure I'll be getting both as soon as my store gets them in, so as soon as I do I'll do a side-by-side comparison.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice. The quality on the hanging Sam seems pretty good from what I can tell in the videos others have posted, so if he's life-sized I may just get him over the animatronic and save a little money for other things. I have some child sized lower torso/body pieces in my parts area that I should be able to use to convert him to a standing prop.

·
Registered
291 Posts
yes! so to purchase props and display pieces for a reasonable price
Your best bet is eBay for Spirit exclusive props. Usually at any one time when you search Spirit Halloween, listings for 20 random props dating back over the years appear. And from there a few of them should be reasonably priced. For other props, cheap ones that hang you could just search for Hanging Props on Amazon or something like that and can get them in bulk. For Spirit's display pieces, I'd recommend speaking with your local store manager. For the S.S. Rip Tide theme this year, the prices are as follows:

Ship bow: $49.99, Wheelhouse: $49.99, Capy Jack w/ wheel $24.99, Ship deck $99.99.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I don’t get it. There’s not much of a game there besides setting a dart down in front of it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I know this is like the 50th time I've linked to the Spirit Halloween Wiki, but there's so much licensed merchandise that's been released. You can find it under the section linked below, primarily red links with links to every listing in one place.

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
Ring Around the Rosie video uploaded to YouTube:

I just saw this and I want it, but not for $200. I've had such bad luck with anything that moves a significant amount from Spirit Halloween. I do have a rotating tree stand that I picked up for dirt cheap that I might try to build something similar to it.

821 - 840 of 1157 Posts