Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1078 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Wow lol the review about the pricing got 26 likes. Do you recall by how much the pricing was reduced?
I believe the original price was around $450 and then got reduced to $350.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I believe the original price was around $450 and then got reduced to $350.
Oh wow. Considering that was a few years ago, I believe, I doubt something like that will happen anytime soon xD. If it did, the Rotten Ringmaster would be a good choice, considering other sites may sell him for considerably less than what "Spirit" is.

·
Registered
291 Posts
https://spirit-halloween-store.fandom.com/wiki/Spirit_Halloween_2019:_Latest_News#Animatronics

So far it looks like 7 animatronics have been revealed for 2019. Last year it was around 25 in total, if I'm not mistaken. I'm surprised no one's talking about the ones returning. I expected Hugz the Clown and the Pumpkin Patch Prowler, and the Cocooned Corpse and the Nightmare Harvester were also relatively talked about. The thing that really surprised me, though, was Man's Possessed Friend. Considering how he wasn't extremely popular, in my opinion, and his set up was nightmarish, I'm surprised he seems to be returning. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
604 Posts
https://spirit-halloween-store.fandom.com/wiki/Spirit_Halloween_2019:_Latest_News#Animatronics

So far it looks like 7 animatronics have been revealed for 2019. Last year it was around 25 in total, if I'm not mistaken. I'm surprised no one's talking about the ones returning. I expected Hugz the Clown and the Pumpkin Patch Prowler, and the Cocooned Corpse and the Nightmare Harvester were also relatively talked about. The thing that really surprised me, though, was Man's Possessed Friend. Considering how he wasn't extremely popular, in my opinion, and his set up was nightmarish, I'm surprised he seems to be returning. Any thoughts?
I don't have this prop so can't comment on assembly or defectiveness. I wanted this for 50% off after Halloween but couldn't locate one.

I suspect it's back because it's an unusual prop; there are only so many lifesize standing figures that you can own. I assume it sold okay as I couldn't get one after Halloween. That being said I never saw a lot of them in stores. Always just one per, that I can recall.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Last year's animatronics were talked about last year without knowing that they would return. I was thinking more along the lines of whether or not people saw them as very popular or fit for return.

As for Man's Possessed Friend, I think your second point may be the most likely reason. There have been countless other animatronics that were not lifesizes in the past that didn't return, but this particular one I only saw one or two at most of. Also, perhaps it did sell well and I just didn't notice lol.

Regardless, hope you score one this season!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Oh wow. Considering that was a few years ago, I believe, I doubt something like that will happen anytime soon xD. If it did, the Rotten Ringmaster would be a good choice, considering other sites may sell him for considerably less than what "Spirit" is.
I think it was only year before last. I remember because I finally found one for $189 with free shipping.

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I don’t like it tbh, it looks more like a $90 baby doll than the dolls from the movie. Tbh I prefer the older Spencer’s one. All in all, you can’t beat the TOTs Good Guy:
View attachment 712827
I agree. I wish the currently innocent face looked slightly more menacing in disguise.

·
Registered
291 Posts
So how would you guys rank the most popular companies Spirit uses? I would go Seasonal Visions International, Gemmy Industries, YJ Toys and Crafts, Pan Asian Creations, Crazy Create, and Tekky Toys, from highest to lowest quality.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,330 Posts
I wonder if they'll release a different scarier Chucky prop once the movie is out? I'm not going to pay $90 for what is basically a Good Guy doll. If you're a collector, I get it, but this one doesn't interest me at any price point.

I'm looking forward to the movie though. I've always enjoyed doll/toy horror movies in general because they just seem so ridonk. I also want to hear Mark Hamill as Chucky. I think if anyone else were doing the voice I might wait to see it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
So how would you guys rank the most popular companies Spirit uses? I would go Seasonal Visions International, Gemmy Industries, YJ Toys and Crafts, Pan Asian Creations, Crazy Create, and Tekky Toys, from highest to lowest quality.
I pretty much agree with your ranking. Crazy Create really depends though, I personally would rank them last as the durability and quality of their props can be pretty subpar most of the time. Especially that vulture. That thing has the quality of a $20 Walmart prop.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm not going to pay $90 for what is basically a Good Guy doll. If you're a collector, I get it, but this one doesn't interest me at any price point.
Compared to the doll replica from Trick or Treat Studios, that is actually a bargain. While theirs looks more accurate, it is $500, I believe:oops: I can see this one being a big seller, especially with the new movie just out.

·
Spooky Express
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I do wish that instead of another Good Guy doll, we were getting a Buddi doll from the new movie instead. There are already so many Good Guy dolls out there given how long the original Child's Play franchise has been around, and I have yet to see a single Buddi doll replica for sale anywhere.

I know a lot of people have complained about how the new doll looks, but personally I think it looks fine. Also, for me at least (And I would assume for other people as well), seeing the new movie has made me want a Buddi doll, not a Good Guy doll.

·
Spooky Express
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Oh boy lmao. It’s a repeat of the Towering Boogeyman scenario. Not even an exclusive, and that’s the price without the oversized shipping added on folks 😉
View attachment 712862
I'm assuming this was Spirit's logic when pricing this:
  • 1 clown with a moving mouth that rocks back and forth: $200.
  • Another clown with a moving mouth that rocks back and forth: $200.
  • A screaming toddler: $100.
Total: $500. I'm not surprised given the prices of past non-exclusive Seasonal Visions animatronics Spirit has sold online, like you guys mentioned before.

41 - 60 of 1078 Posts
About this Discussion
1.1K Replies
98 Participants
RCIAG
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing