Halloween Forum banner

381 - 400 of 1157 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
New animatronic: "Crouchy!"

Does anyone else find it funny how they used latex for the head even though he has no mouth movement? They could have just used plastic unless latex is cheaper.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I’m going to hold out and hope someone somewhere makes a cool vulture prop. I keep looking at the spirit one thinking would some feathers and feet been that hard to do? I know it’s crap, but I keep thinking I could improve that vulture.
You could add some features and feet yourself. But considering his price he should have come with those two things already.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Does anyone else find it funny how they used latex for the head even though he has no mouth movement? They could have just used plastic unless latex is cheaper.
That’s a great question. I wonder if maybe the face was used for something else. I’ve been wondering the same on a witch prop they used to have. Like already have all the materials and mold so just reuse it. Or, were there plans for movement and they scrapped them?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,483 Posts
Jack and Sally will also be at Home Depot I’m certain as they were on the site earlier this year.
I'm not buying Jack until they change his sayings or someone figures out how to hack him. Most of what he says is Christmas related which really chapped my butt when I heard it because I was totally going to buy him. I love that his fingers are articulated & it certainly sound like the real Chris Sarandon's voice coming out of him. I was just so disappointed. It was a total miss for me.

I would've preferred him singing instead.

I also hope they've fixed the mechanical sounds they both make but honestly, I'm not buying one without the other & I'm definitely not buying that Jack with all that talk of Christmas.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
This may be a funny question but if my Spirit Halloween store has their 50% off sale before Halloween will I still be able to use a 20% off coupon?
You know, my biggest issue with Spirit is price. It’s not that I don’t think for a quality item that will last you shouldn’t pay. That’s not what I’m saying. It’s just between limitations on sales, coupons, and shipping it makes me less inclined to shop with them. Like they seriously can’t do ship to store? Help a haunter out!

·
Registered
111 Posts
You know, my biggest issue with Spirit is price. It’s not that I don’t think for a quality item that will last you shouldn’t pay. That’s not what I’m saying. It’s just between limitations on sales, coupons, and shipping it makes me less inclined to shop with them. Like they seriously can’t do ship to store? Help a haunter out!
I agree, their prices are getting out of hand. I think their stuff is expensive because they are the only nationwide pop-up Halloween store. I'm pretty sure if there were other pop-up Halloween stores that were not regional to compete with Spirit then they're prices will be cheaper.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Maybe three years ago I believe they had a terminal in a store I visited that allowed you to ship to store, or at least that's what an employee told me. I have not seen since.
As a lot of online only props get returned to stores, I encourage you to go to stores when they open, have employees look up props you want on their system and they will tell you how far away the nearest one is. Now that prop could be defective of course...

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
I want to know more about the Battery Pack Compatible (sold separately) line in the prop descriptions. Is this new for 2019?
It’s basically a battery pack you can plug into the adapter spot if you don’t want to use the adapter.

381 - 400 of 1157 Posts