Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Last year I got their Frankenstein's Monster skull, and I've started a tradition of getting the "support Halloween" car magnet every year. I think they kind of got tired of seeing me come in and not really buy much of anything though 'cause after the 5th visit or so I started to get what felt like an " Oh, here he is again looking and not buying" look lol. There's not near enough weird stuff to go and see around here though, so when they open I kind of can't help myself. It would be really great if someone would open an Odditorium or something in the Triad (NC).

·
Registered
598 Posts
TBH the 2010 Michael Myers was a lot better than the one from this year. It had head, eye, arm and body movements. The new one only has slight body turn and stabbing motions. Gemmy did a much better job. The new one is made by a company called WO.
IMG_3483.jpg
New

704D8E11-03BB-4C75-9CB4-F4B85BF5D558-13631-000012C186018427.jpg
Old

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm hoping they not only bring back Jack Skellington (though hopefully, in better quality and in greater quantities), but I'd love to see them do a full size Oogie Boogie animatronic. I know it'd be huge, but I would shell out for that thing in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have to agree about the shipping. I was looking at the steer skull that was around $9. Then I saw the shipping was $16. Not much of a bargain there. I'll wait until the store opens and see if they have it there.
I think they'll have those in store. Also, I don't think that is oversized, so if you can get up to like $65 the regular shipping is like $7 (with a code). I always try to get big animatronics in store to avoid the shipping.

As an aside (and this wasn't your criticism) I don't blame them on the $20 oversized; they're not trying to lure people in, like Trendy Halloween, and then hit them with insane shipping. Spirot's shipping charges are more or less what it actually costs to ship. All oversized items are marked as such, and note the $20 extra.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think they might have terminals in (some?) stores that let you ship to store and, I believe, avoid the shipping costs. Ask a manager when they open. And don't quote me on that, but I believe I have seen that.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Spirit revealed another new teaser!

Try playing it in reverse ;)

1 - 20 of 385 Posts