Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I'm not mistaken, there isn't a thread for this yet (I've looked), so I thought I'd start one.

Spirit's posted a couple of teaser videos, one of a classroom, and one of a witch's hut. The animatronic in the classroom matches up to a 7 ft Boogeyman prop, which is interesting.
There's also been a teaser posted with a clown, seemingly confirming the clown theme that's been guessed at since last year.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I just got an email from them regarding the "sneak peek" but I only saw the Boogie Man as one of their upcoming props on their website. When I went to their YouTube channel, I saw the video called "Summoning something Spooktacular" and that title didn't make me think of a witch. I watched some other videos and saw some speculation that the new prop might be a Ouija Board.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That teaser may indeed be about the Spirit Board prop. I just assumed it had something to do with witches due to the broom in the corner.
While I don't have the clown image on its own, all of the Halloween YouTube channels have been talking about it. Here's one example.

Having seen the Boogie Man prop (by the way, he's not a dancer, it should be Boogeyman, I'm not sure what to think. To me, he falls somewhere between generic and unique, and I don't trust the speed of his movement in the video.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Spirit always speeds up the movement in their sneak peaks. He's made by Tekky Toys btw and is 7ft tall !
download.jpg

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tekky, eh? So they're still going and Spirit hasn't broken it off? Interesting. I wonder how many of Seasonal Visions' props (Swinging Doll, Lunging Witch, etc.) will be sold by Spirit this year.

·
Spooky Express
703 Posts
I personally love the new Boogie Man prop! Great detail on the face, really creepy convulsions, and a great overall Slenderman-esque appearance while still being unique. :)

Reactions: SpookyBethesda

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I think I'm kind of glad the person who shot the video did in kind of a haphazard way. If someone boring and methodical like me had done it we would have close-ups of all props and the names off all the boxes. I prefer it this way that info kind of leaks out. The clearest item is the gargoyle's on the pedestals. Gargoyles are one of my fetishes. I have a brace of the awesome 55 lb Home Depot ones from last year. These Spirit ones kind of resemble ones that are on the web for about $250. Spirit doesn't like to go above $199 for products they actually want to sell. Will be interesting to see if I can get a pair by hook or by crook for more than the standard 20% off.

I think I saw part of a sign saying "Flag..." so I assume this is the flagship store. Is it in New Jersey? City/town?

Thx,

Mike

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
What does it tell me about myself that the only people as psyched about Spirit animatronics as I are 13-15 year old boys (I am 46)?!?
You are not alone! LOL! I had two thoughts watching this video - 1. That if my kids continue to love Halloween as much as they do now, we'll probably be this family who drives up at night trying to peek in the windows before they open, and 2. That it's pretty funny that my husband & I are as excited as the kids are!

I'm pretty sure it says we're all young at heart & pretty darn awesome, too! ;)

1 - 20 of 147 Posts