Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last season I got the Spirit Halloween Farmer and Wife. I'm thinking of creating a farm house setting as a backdrop for them and am consider these ideas for the scene:

mice and mouse traps
aged tin food cans
rustic tin roof (that wavy material) just enough for the illusion of a roof
corn stalks
scarecrow
wish I could afford a rocking chair but not in budget this year
crows
tumbleweed
fence

I was thinking of adding a clothes line with some laundry on it.

I'd love ideas of anything else that comes to mind. If you owned either of these two curious how you used them in your haunt last year. Any pics would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
chickens....with and without heads

a hay bale with something moving in it

a body (preferrably a traveling salesman) with a pitchfork stuck in his back

a farmer's daughter :D

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good suggestions guys! Thanks. Love the bloody laundry and farmers daughter LOL. Maybe the salesman could be an IRS man instead. Lots of movies about them making the rounds and folks not taking kindly to their visits. I kind of like the idea of a scene telling a story. Hey, what about this--I wouldn't have to show a guy, just maybe an IRS briefcase, a pair of shoes, maybe it's his laundry on the clothesline, and since the farmer and wife look kind of zombie-ish, a dinner plate on a crate or a picnic blanket with some bloody fingers left over?!?

Yeah as you can tell, I'm really excited about working these two into our haunt this year.

I'd prefer it if it wasn't a static scene, but haven't figured anything to add motion yet. If I had the rocking chair I could put the woman in it and have it rock. I might be able to construct a porch swing for less and that could swing back and forth. Construct of cheap wood that doesn't have to support much since the figures have very little weight, cover most of it with a dirty blanket so my construction isn't obvious, and add simple chains to hook the swing to above. I guess I could also consider building one of those spinning wind vanes or whatever they are. Shouldn't be hard to find a motor to spin and add to the effect.

What do you think? any more ideas on this front?

·
Registered
293 Posts
(do you have a problem with the IRS?) LOL, like we all don't! LOL

How about one of those "Jehova's Witnesses". LOL (hope I didn't offend any Jehova's Witness people..... but I don't think they celebrate Halloween anyway) LOL

Do you have any friends that have a rocking chair that you could borrow??? It may be easier than creating a porch swing move. (just a suggestion)

I really like this idea that you have, and the excitement you have for it. Once you come up with a "theme" it is much easier to come up with ideas.

As far as animation, maybe some "kicking legs" from the IRS agent? (or whatever you come up with). Chickens going around in a circle? Or maybe the chickens could be pecking at the fingers or foot or what have you.

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
(do you have a problem with the IRS?) LOL, like we all don't! LOL

How about one of those "Jehova's Witnesses". LOL (hope I didn't offend any Jehova's Witness people..... but I don't think they celebrate Halloween anyway) LOL

Do you have any friends that have a rocking chair that you could borrow??? It may be easier than creating a porch swing move. (just a suggestion)

I really like this idea that you have, and the excitement you have for it. Once you come up with a "theme" it is much easier to come up with ideas.

As far as animation, maybe some "kicking legs" from the IRS agent? (or whatever you come up with). Chickens going around in a circle? Or maybe the chickens could be pecking at the fingers or foot or what have you.

Interestingly enough I have some Jehova Witnesses living across the street. Surely you don't want me to borrow one of them for the night?! LOL... actually they put out some pumpkins and lights last year and told me they liked my Hallowindows in my second story window.

No friends with rocking chairs that I can think of.

Love themes for haunts as you can probably tell.

Actually I do have a kicking legs I bought last year from BIG LOTS but plan on using him dressed as an Egyptian tomb raider stuck in a tomb wall. Certainly they can be repuposed for the farm scene in the future. I like your ideas. The chickens might be hard to come up with though. BTW as a kid I saw my grandmother who lived on a farm cut the head off a chicken for a Sunday dinner. Yes, it ran around with it's head cut off. Took me years to want to eat chicken again! Now that was scary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts