Halloween Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
Those are standalone fixtures. You can probably get something similar at Wal-Mart for less money. For bigger areas I like to use single tube 48" fixtures with black light tubes from someplace like Home Depot or Lowes. It's cheap and very effective.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that would be ideal, if you are talking about something that is hardwired I can't have that. I need something that plugs into a socket.

·
Registered
156 Posts
48" Blacklight in

I got these at the local spencers store for $19.99 a piece. Every so often they are on sale. It is the fixture w/bulb. Funny thing is Spencers owns Spirit and they are more expensive at the Spirit store

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is what I did. Go to homedepot. You can get a 48" (2 socket) shoplight for $9.74. They also have the blacklights for $14.97. So for about 25 dollars you can get a plug in shop light and 1 bulb and they work great. You also have the option to add another bulb later on. The shoplight part number is 419-234 and the blacklight is 151-530. I can send pictures if you want them. And yes, the plug in. 3 prong on the shoplight.

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
I have a couple of those Blacklight Bolts. If you need to hang them from the ceiling of the tent, you won't want to use these - they're designed to sit on a flat surface. If you really wanted to hang them, you could figure out a way to do it, but I agree with the previous post suggesting the 48" shop light solution.

·
Registered
719 Posts
yup, home depot plug in shop light and 4ft black light tubes are the way to go, but dont wait too long or you'll have a hard time getting the black light tubes because they sell out around halloween.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know if they still are but I was in a spirit store not long ago and they had their 48" blacklights on sale for 24.99

·
Registered
156 Posts
how much light do the 48" project? Or should I say how much area do they light well?

·
Registered
719 Posts
I had a two light shop light with two 48" ers and it lit up the whole living room area very brightly.......if you positioned it at one end of the room and aimed it to face to the other end it would easily cover the whole area you need with lots left over, for a 10'x4' you would only need one bulb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts