Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Went to my local Spirit Halloween store today and was browsing around the foggers. I have been thinking of getting one (probably a Chauvet 1000w model), but saw that they had a 1000 watt machine. Here are the specs: http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/1000-watt-fog-machine/?w=fog&UTM_campaign=Search:SC:fog#prReviewEngineDiv

Have any of you had any experience with this one? The store clerk said he has had one for the past 3 years and works really well. I have a 20% off coupon for it so that is what is sort of driving me to get it.

-Benji

·
Registered
47 Posts
Purchased a 1000w fogger from spirit about 5 yrs ago... It lasted me 3 years before it stopped working. When I say years though, I mean 3 parties... So roughly 24 hrs of service. My advice (I'm no expert so take it for what's it worth), go with the Chauvet! From what I've been told and read; you can't go wrong with a Chauvet. All of my foggers going forward will be of higher quality, minus my 400w foggers for specific props.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was wondering about the Spirit fogger, duration of use before it dies. I kinda thought that may be the case with it. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought 2 Spirit foggers at once. One lasted for the night and never worked again but the other has been going on 5 years now. It's a crap shoot because for the bad one I was told it's not Spirit's responsibility to honor the warrantee and that I had to mail it make to the manufacturer. I've had problems with Chauvet as well but it was with their electric cauldron.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I've had cheap fog machines from both Wal-Mart and Spirit, and have not had problems. But I only put them out on Halloween day, not running a month-long production. They have been fine for my purposes, and some have been with us for 5 years or longer (probably longer).

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I don't know if they still sell it, but last year Spirit had fog machine cleaner. I was dubious but thought what the heck, I'd give it a shot. Well, it cleaned a fogger that hadn't been running for four years! I was very pleased with the results.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If this helps, this a video of my yard last year. I have 2 Spirit 1000W foggers attached to PVX tubes with holes drilled in them, it worked great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZZOc2kxG3k
Hoopah1972, that's some incredible fog considering a 45 degree night and not using a chiller either? Can you sketch out your basic PVC tube layout? Size and length? I'm intrigued because my Halloween nights are pretty cool too and keeping fog low will likely be a chore for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Scooter Thanks for the new coupon!

I think I may try out the Spirit Fogger. I havent made up my mind 100% yet, but with the coupon it would only be $60. I can take the savings this year and get a lynxmotion ss32 servo controller I need!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just have the 1000 watt fog machine from party city and it works great this is gonna be my 3rd year using it!! unlike most people who just use it the night of Halloween i put mine through good use! everyday in Oct i use my fog machine for at least 4 to 5 hours a night 7 days a week. there about the same other then the price your gonna pay about 80 bucks for it at spirits where at party city its about 50 or 60.The biggest thing is just cleaning it very well after your done with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again all for the feedback from you! I went and used the coupons and got the 100 watt version and a gallon of juice! All for 80 bucks including tax! I cant wait to see what it will do. This is the first fogger I have bought and if it lasts a few years I wont complain.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If this helps, this a video of my yard last year. I have 2 Spirit 1000W foggers attached to PVX tubes with holes drilled in them, it worked great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZZOc2kxG3k
I just bought the 400 watt low level fogger yesterday from Spirit using a coupon. Has anyone ever used one of those? I am now having second thoughts after seeing your awesome set up & video. Should I return the 400 low level watt & get the 1000 watt? Argh....:eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought the Spirit "ground effect" fogger and used it a couple of times (literally, just a few shots of fog). Went to use it last year and it didn't make a single puff. Went and got the Spirit 1000w on sale after Halloween.

Tested the Spirit 1000w out this weekend...works but not much fog - found it leaking so I've got to fix that. Then, just for kicks (because I couldn't bring myself to throw it away) I tried the busted 400w.....worked like a champ now. The attitude I take with the Spirit forgers is that they're semi-disposable; don't count on them lasting more than one season so when/if they do you get to be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good info! That seems to be the general consensus around here...they either work or they don't. Glad your 400watt started workin again! I read earlier on here that a used a fog machine cleaner & that got his working again. I may invest in some of that.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You get out of foggers what you put in. If you run it wet and never dry it out, and wash it out like youre supposed to youll be just fine. Ive had a 400W kmart fogger for 5ish years, still works like the day I bought it. Unless youre a pro haunt or dj theres no reason to spend the money on a Chauvet. Spend the money on good fluids from Froggy's or a chiller.

·
Registered
44 Posts
. Spend the money on good fluids from Froggy's or a chiller.
We have had a spirit fog machine that has lasted for about 4 years. I want the new one to last as long! What exactly is a chiller? And, is Froggys an online store? I have never heard of it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have been following this thread since I need a fog machine myself. Unfortuantely, the $80 price for the Spirit machine is bit too much for our budget. I did a Google search for Chauvet fog machines and found this link to Guitar Center:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Chauvet-Hurricane-700-Fog-Machine-107083032-i1462825.gc

They have a 700w Chauvet Hurricane for $36.99 ($29.99 if you get a restocked item). It's 300w less than the Spirit one but it's a better name fogger if I am not mistaken. I think I might go with the Chauvet from Guitar Center myself.

Just something to think about.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts