Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing an Exorcist bathroom and I want to make my crosses rotate on their own. I'm sorta becoming obsessed with idea.... but I have no idea how to do this. I live in an apartment so I can't cut too big of a hole in the wall or anything. Any ideas or general suggestions for the bathroom?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not sure how crafty you are but I would prolly use a frame to put the cross on and then behind the frame or plaque you could cut a hole and use a motor like they do in toy helicopters. I make cakes to and I put one in my dad's tank cake and the torret moved so your crosses should be fine. Good luck!

·
Registered
591 Posts
fine you some dc(battery) powered motors,attach the shaft of the motor to the back or end make a small plaque or cloth to hide the motor and have at it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you talking like cross rotating on its axis from the base or are you talking about it spinning flat against the wall?
I am talking about flat against the wall.

Any suggestions on where I could get a little motor like everyone is talking about?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I second DaveintheGrave's recommendation on those 12 volt motors. I use them for my props. They rotate at about 5 rpm, which is nice and slow. Should be perfect! They are a little bit thick though, so you'll need to keep that in mind. You may have to have a deep picture frame or offset it from the wall about 1". Should be easy to do, though.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm trying to picture the Demon from the Exorcist using the bathroom. ROFLMAO

Two years ago I switched out the light bulbs for purple ones, stuck some plastic flies all over the mirror in my powder room and wrote "candyman...candyman..." on the mirror. I couldn't get people to use that one and they spent the evening traipsing up and down the stairs. The best and cheapest scare I ever did.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm trying to picture the Demon from the Exorcist using the bathroom. ROFLMAO

Two years ago I switched out the light bulbs for purple ones, stuck some plastic flies all over the mirror in my powder room and wrote "candyman...candyman..." on the mirror. I couldn't get people to use that one and they spent the evening traipsing up and down the stairs. The best and cheapest scare I ever did.
Lol!! That sounds awesome.

Thank you guys so much for the help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts