Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have a collection of black birds... some small and some large. I've had them for years, and they are showing their age. Is there a way to spiff up the birds? I don't want to ruin their feathers, but they don't look very real with their feathers going every which way. I was thinking of using something like matte modge podge to "glue" the feathers back into place. I have them up high, so I don't think it would show too much. But I wondered if any one else had done this and if they had any tips. Thanks!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Are the feathers just loose? I'd just re-arrange the feathers and hot glue them into place. The worst feathers can be replaced cheaply and easily, places like Michaels or JoAnns have bags of black feathers you can buy for a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The hot glue is a good idea. I also have the same problem. The styrofoam shows through quite a bit when the feathers move. So, I hit mine with some matte black spray paint and glued the feathers down to cover up the white underneath the feathers and make them look good again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the ideas! The feathers aren't loose... they are just all disheveled. Birds always have smooth feathers... so it just doesn't look realistic when they are messy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts