Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's picture of the finally finished spiderweb entry. My husband built the rig and I did the eggs sacs and hung it all. It's a little bit hokey and the video is very dark... but here it is:

YouTube - Spiderweb Entry from Below

I'm sorry the video is very dark. It's shot from below at night and shows the 3 spiders moving up and down on the rig.

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the compliments!! I wanted something to fill up the void over my front door and hopefully not drive away the littlest TOT's. ....

Halloween71 - Honestly there's not a lot to it. It's just an FCG rig that my husband built mounted up in the top. Then the large (store-bought) webs were placed underneath. The egg sacs are a Martha Stewart project that are super simple, just lots of hot glue!! Then I added 3 larger (store-bought) spiders to come down off the 3 rig pulleys with fishing line. If you want the links for the egg sacs, etc. - let me know.. Thanks again!

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
pandora, that looks FABULOUS!!! That little bit of motion will be just the creepy touch. You'll probably freak out the parents, much less the TOTers!!!

·
Hauntless
8,349 Posts
Brilliant use of the FCG rigging. I love it! Though I'd never go underneath it. My deepest fear: a spider descending on my head. You should have seen my reaction of the spiders descending during the Harry Potter movie. Would have been on YouTube fer sure!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts