Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a simple prop using those cheap store bought 12" fuzzy spiders. I bought 10 and then tied 5 or 10 lb test monofilament to each of them at their balance point. Each line was about 30-40' long.
Then I attached wire ties, with the screw down loop built in, to the tree branches above the sidewalk. They are about 10'-15' over the sidewalk. The wire tie loops act as low friction"pulleys". next I ran the fishing line through the wire tie loops and back towards the house. I did this to all 10. I then tied all 10 lines together at the front window. i cut off all the extra line past the knot and attached a small dark rope to the bundle, and ran that through the front window. When the spiders are "at the ready they are tucked up nicely into the tree. When the spiders are deployed they are just about eye level.

We have a teenager across the street who just had to give up TOTing so he was feeling a little left out so I told him to come over and operate the spiders. He had a blast!!! the first year we did it we ended up with more candy on our front lawn, from people ducking and weaving to get away from the spiders, than we handed out!!!:cool:
I think we get more screams from the moms than anyone else:p

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,521 Posts
That is a really creative and simple idea - I love it!

(and cool to get the kid across the street involved! Another haunter in training, I'm sure! :D )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts