Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making giant spiders for the porch. I am a firefighter and had a bunch of retired helmets to get rid of...the spiders are made from the foam helmet insides. Will post more as I get them done. :cool:

Attachments

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Pretty brilliant! They look awesome! Make sure you have some lighting for them. I think giant spider shadows are almost creepier than the giant spiders themselves. :)

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,298 Posts
Those look wonderful. Did you bend the pvc using a heat gun instead of cutting and using connectors? That's a nifty short cut...

Also like the ridge down the center - adds an element of realism as I think the bodies should never be perfectly round (even if they are in real life, it somehow looks more organic and "alive" to me for some reason).

:cool:

Reactions: rskellyjr

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I prefer using the heat gun because I can change the position of the legs more than once. If you use connectors your kinda stuck with what you measure out so it leaves no room for error or creativity. the ridge in the foam is part of the helmets but I agree they added some nice depth to them. This particular one I am toying with making more of a mutant rather than the traditional spider. I have off all next week so we will see where it ends up :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts