Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got all the webbing and spiders up, along with the lighting. It seems every year i take it a step further with how much webbing i put up. I added more layers this year to try and give the nest some depth. Pictures dont show the lighting that great - has a pair of blue spotlights, one on each side. Now to get the cemetery up this weekend! :)

House Webs Full.jpg

House Webs Left.jpg

House Webs Right.jpg

·
Registered
328 Posts
That looks incredible! I know this has been answered somewhere before, but I am lazy. What kind of cloth did you use? It looks a hundred times better than the bags of webbing.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but looks like your way beyond using a big boot to sqwoosh them all...Lol
Seriously though, looks awesome !! Wow must have taken some time to get all that up & with the lites, looks even cooler !
Yep spiders are one top phobias, i use them in my haunt all the time.

You just need some creepy - eerie spider audio to go with all them spiders........think I might have some for ya........;) :D

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
Do you remember which size roll you purchased to do all of your webbing? I see they said it's pretty stretchy but, wondered if you used the 5,10 or 20 lb roll to do all of that. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
OH WOW.
that is AWSOME.
Great job. ]I'll would ask about the holes and how it is made to look like your webs please?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the compliments guys!
I order the 5 pound roll and it is more than enough for my house. I always save some webs from the previous year and then add to it. You can dye the stuff and use it on all kinds of props.
It all went up in one day - a long day though. It is attached with a staple gun on the wood surfaces, hooked onto the gutters, and i also have some screws in the bricks.
The netting comes in a contiuous roll. It is basically a sleeve that they slide over sides of beef. You just cut off a length, then cut along its length. It will be 2' wide and however long you cut it. Its very stretchy. Just strech it out really tight, attach it, then start cutting random holes with VERY sharp scissors or razor blade. Very easy, just takes a little time and practice. Make the holes alot of different sizes

·
Registered
380 Posts
That looks fantastic!!!!!
I have wanted to cover my house in webs for the last couple years. I can see my house looking that way next year thanks for the insperation...

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
Your Arachnid house is 100 times better than what I can do this year. My spider lair has all that store bought crap that makes me wanna throw a fit about an hour into putting it up. I've never seen the way you've done the webbing before. I fell in love instantly. Do you ever have anyone too scared to come to the front door on Halloween? lol!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts