Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to create a short spider web tunnel that leads to the mini maze we're putting in our garage (sort of like a much smaller/shorter version of the image below). I have plenty of the stretchy spider web from years of buying the stuff. However, I'm not sure how to hang them without building a second wall.

I can use the wall on the left side of the garage to hang the spider webs from and I can stretch them up to our garage door. Any ideas on how to anchor the webs to the right side of the tunnel? Is building a wall out of 2x4s my only option? In theory, I only need 3-4 anchor points on the right side to get a decent effect, so I didn't want to build a full wall if I don't have to.

I was toying with using several poles sticking out of buckets filled with concrete. That would (maybe) give me enough anchor points to connect the webs to and stretch them around in various ways.

tunnel.jpg

·
Registered
38 Posts
Doing a mini maze myself and the spider web tunnel is amazing. Might have to steal and adjust. Your tunnel being completely outdoors though, you might want to anchor the polls more than just in a concrete bucket. Consider getting a half dozen or more fence posts and hammering those into the ground, that way if you have someone freak and bolt they will tear through the web wall as opposed to tearing down the whole thing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the record, that's not my spider tunnel. I just want mine to look similar to that.

I'll be doing my tunnel in the garage, so posts won't work. I'm planning on trying some dumbbells we have (35 and 25 pounds) to see if that's enough to hold up one side of the webs. The webs will go straight up to the garage door and then over to the garage wall. It's certainly not going to look as good as the one in the image, but in the dark with strobe lights, I'm hoping it gets the job done.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry, I mis-read your first post, thought it was going up to your garage. Dumbbells will probably work for you, anything that's going to give your uprights the support they need and can take a hit from your guests. Strobes are a great idea, consider a black light or two as well, that will make all that webbing glow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts