Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to repurpose my xmas light arches for the driveway to create a spider web tunnel using beef netting. I have never used the netting but it seems fairly easy to manipulate. My only question is how would you suggest I attach it to the arch frame? I was thinking some kind of clamp but wasnt sure if there was a method out there already. Thank you all!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, white zip ties should be good for that type of attachment. I'm obsessed with the beef netting. It's not as easy to "spread" as the cheap stingy stuff, but it's more sturdy and sticks out more, looks better in large spaces IMO. When the material is attached and taught, take a razor blade to it and start cutting holes, different sizes and such. I got a HUGE roll last year, gave some to friends, and will have more than enough for this year. You can also tie it to stuff by cutting it up and making some ends to tie. Here's some around my front door from last year. And stick them in the ground with garden stakes!

·
Registered
7 Posts
For dyeing would poly/cotton be better? I would prefer poly for survivability in Florida hot humid weather but thinking a cotton blend may hold Ritz Whitener better. I like the idea of potential of black light options.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For dyeing would poly/cotton be better? I would prefer poly for survivability in Florida hot humid weather but thinking a cotton blend may hold Ritz Whitener better. I like the idea of potential of black light options.
Good question.. I don't know! I didn't treat mine and they were white, but not glow-in-blacklight white (as I wished they were, naturally). I don't remember if I bought the poly material or poly+cotton blend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts