Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled across this looking for something else... now I have to figure out where to get the "hi-float" they speak of.

This is too cool!

Crafty Crafty: Halloween: how to make spider web balloons

I would love to try to do this for my "Tempt Your Fate" balloons - and have the fate printed on a spider cutout to be tangled in the webbing.

ETA: they sell it in the USA! Woot!

Registered
I stumbled across this looking for something else... now I have to figure out where to get the "hi-float" they speak of.

This is too cool!

Crafty Crafty: Halloween: how to make spider web balloons

I would love to try to do this for my "Tempt Your Fate" balloons - and have the fate printed on a spider cutout to be tangled in the webbing.

ETA: they sell it in the USA! Woot!
I have a brand new bottle of hi-float. I bought it for a party last oct and never used it! You want it?

Registered
That is an awesome find. May have to consider that one or hold onto to it for a possible kid's party down the road.

Hi-float sounds like a party store thing, if you don't want to buy online.

Registered
You should be able to get Hi-Float at Party City. I used to work at Paper Warehouse (now Party City or Party Universe) and basically the Hi-Float is a sticky substance we squirted into the balloons to coat the inside that helps them last longer.

Registered
Very cool!

Registered
Did you get the Hi-Float at oriental trading too? And has anyone done these balloons in the past? Is it as easy as it looks? I would love to try these this year.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a brand new bottle of hi-float. I bought it for a party last oct and never used it! You want it?
Aw, that's so nice! I'm in Texas, tho so the shipping wouldn't be great. ;)

I can get it around here most likely, but I really appreciate the offer! :)

Registered
Hey Frankies girl: I went to Hi-Float's website and they say you can get it at Party America. There isn't one in Houston but you might have to drive a little ways to get it. I am driving about 45 minutes to go to Ikea tonight and there is one pretty close to that. Here is the link HI-FLOAT

crossfit zombie
I got two made and found thru trial and error that I required more than 1 pump of hi float I used two on one and one on the other.It also takes longer to dry 2-3 days.I also used a balloon pump instead of helium.

this one has two pumps of hf.

this one has one.
I am going to work with them some more becuase they still don't have the effect I was hoping for.

Registered
Thanks so much for posting your pics halloween71. I am going to do this also, so thanks for the tips too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts