Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has gotten the spider victim at Walgreen's? It's on sale this week for $14.99 and looks kind of cheesy -- the victim is 4' tall and the web is 7' in diameter. I was just looking at Wal-Mart's web site and they have a spider victim that looks exactly the same, but it is $69.00!!! :eek: Their site says their victim is "life-size" and the web is 10' across. For the price, I think Walgreen's is probably better -- has anyone gotten the spider victim? How do you like it? Can you post a picture?

Thanks for any information anyone has . . .

·
Banned
53 Posts
agian MY point is proven right..... I am totally forgetting about wall-mart this year! ALL HAIL WALLGREENS!

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Yes! they are the exact same. Wal-mart's stuff is very expensive this year. They also sell the same "hovering ghost" that Spirit sells, BUT $20 more.

Wal-mart higher than Spirit?...That's saying something!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes! they are the exact same. Wal-mart's stuff is very expensive this year. They also sell the same "hovering ghost" that Spirit sells, BUT $20 more.

Wal-mart higher than Spirit?...That's saying something!
I just noticed Spirit has the same spider victim that Wal-mart and Walgreen's have, also for $69.00 -- if you saw how small the package at Walgreen's is, you'd never pay $69.00 for that :eek: but now I'm seriously thinking about getting it at Walgreen's :D

That's one thing I LOVE about this forum -- I was thinking about going to Wal-Mart this morning, and because of everything I've read here about their selection this year, I decided there was no point in even looking :p

·
Banned
53 Posts
These halloween strores are out rageious this year, you pay for the item and then they are charging you for the store name.... That is the same for WALLMART and the rest of the retail stores! I have been going to the dollar stores and to WALLGREENS for ALL of my stuff this year.... I will take pics of my display and post them up for you all to see!

·
I make dead things deader
4,565 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone has gotten the spider victim at Walgreen's? It's on sale this week for $14.99 and looks kind of cheesy -- the victim is 4' tall and the web is 7' in diameter. I was just looking at Wal-Mart's web site and they have a spider victim that looks exactly the same, but it is $69.00!!! :eek: Their site says their victim is "life-size" and the web is 10' across. For the price, I think Walgreen's is probably better -- has anyone gotten the spider victim? How do you like it? Can you post a picture?

Thanks for any information anyone has . . .
They are not the same. The Walgeens one is small and cheesy. The Walmart and Spirit one is life sized and looks 10 times better. HOWEVER you can get it at Party City for 39.99 and they have a $10 off $30 or purchase coupon. I plan on picking one up next week.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Honestly...does it DO anything? I haven't seen it, but seriously folks...get the big web if you can...but make your own victim. Its so easy. Old clothes, and the beauty is you can stuff with newspaper cause it doesnt have to be shaped all that realistic. I didn't even bother with hands and feet. Add a skull or head...then I wrapped the whole thing in saran wrap, shaping it into a shrunken dessicated corpse as I went. I put several layers on, blurring the features of the dummy. Then I hung it on the web and added a large spider feeding. Actually I had the spider at various places...the week of halloween I moved it closer to the body each day, while feeding on halloween. Got the spider online for $15, it was orange and black....99 cent spray paint made it black. The web belonged to a friend but had cost him $7-10. Whole setup Cost me $25 or so...I thought it came out rather well, got attention, and cost so little in both time and money. You can see a pic on the haunt myspace page n my sig.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Walgreen's spider victim is manufactured by Sunstar Industries.
My Sunstar catalog lists the "life-size hanging spider prey" at 8ft. If the one at Wal-mart and Spirit are 10ft, then Sunstar Ind. must have manufactured an even larger version! I wonder why it's not in my catalog?

I guess there are two versions!?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are not the same. The Walgeens one is small and cheesy. The Walmart and Spirit one is life sized and looks 10 times better. HOWEVER you can get it at Party City for 39.99 and they have a $10 off $30 or purchase coupon. I plan on picking one up next week.
Ooh, thanks! I was planning to go to Party City on Wednesday -- I'll have to see if I can find one of those coupons!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts