Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing the decorations for our annual ski club Halloween party. I have a lot of things, giant webs, spiders, spider web cocoon with person inside. I am doing jars on the tables with spiders, webs, and fake candle, plus a table runner with spiders crawling on it. So I probably have enough decorations (can we really ever have enough), but am still looking for more "wow". I am also going to play "the gold coin" game--using orange plastic spiders in place of coins.

Here are my constraints--the party is being held in a bar--so there will be a residue of smoke smell on any decorations--so I am trying to make sure they are all able to be washed or aired out, I will only have about two hours to decorate ( I will have helpers) so decorations have to be easy to put up and easy to transport. I am basically doing this out of my own pocket--but I have lots of personal items to work with and I can make a lot of things from what I already have.

I would really appreciate any ideas that people have used or have seen that would work for my needs. I just feel like something is missing... Also if anyone has any other spider related game that is simple I would appreciate that. I know all of you are very creative and I could really use some input!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hmm... what about buying some white helium balloons and then drawing some spiderwebs on with a black sharpie, and having a few of them clustered in the corners of your party area? You could add in some plain black balloons that you wrap a little bit of white spider webbing onto as well. Just anchor them to the ground with a weight of some kind.

I don't really know of any "spider" type games, but thinking about some other easy party games I have played, you could randomly attach a spider decoration to the underside of one chair and once everyone arrives & sits down, ask them to feel under their chair and whoever is sitting in the spider seat could win a prize.

Buy some of those cheap spider rings from the Dollar Store and cut off the ring part. Add a hot glued safety pin and have everyone wear one when they arrive. Tell each guest that the game is to get each other to say the word "spider" - if the person says it, they have to give up their spider pin to whoever has caught them saying "spider". Whoever is wearing the most spider pins at a certain point could win a prize. I've done this at a baby shower where everyone wore plastic baby necklaces. Ha ha!

Maybe you could call the bar in advance and find out if they have any drinks or shots that are black & white - call that Spider Venom or something and have it be a featured drink special.

Buy a big piece of white foamboard from the Dollar Store (posterboard size) and some black electrical tape there too. Use the electrical tape to create a spiderweb design, sort of like either of the two spiderwebs on this page:

https://www.saveup.com/blog/diy-halloween-decorations/

Create a "nest" spot or other type of bullseye on the finished web - maybe use a red marker just to outline it or something. Then give each person a spider of some kind with their name on it and play Pin the Spider on the Web. I don't know what kind of party people you've got, but if you're doing it at a bar, could be fun when people are a bit tipsy!

Hope some of these suggestions help! Have fun! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts