Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Obssessed Haunter
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making a 16' spider for a parade float. Of course I am thinking cobwebs.. maybe a big tree that the spider is walking off of. Victims hanging in the webbing.. small spiders all over. My question, the float will be pulled by a extra large old convertible car that is black.
I have the option of painting on the car. What should I do to tie the float and the car together? Sad thing is that I have to have this done by Oct 3rd!
My first thought was to paint on the car and make it looke like the paint "was" red but it breaking off and showing the black under it that is covered with cobwebs. But this just seems to be the obvious choice.

I want something a little unexpected, but not toooooooooo involved!
Thanks for any suggestions! And I am glad to be back to Halloween Forum! I hope to make it my daily visit!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Tricky one. hard to imagine how it will look to see what may work.

You could put loads of cobwebs on the back of the car and have them stretch to the front of the float so it looks like they are pulling the float, rather than a tow bar.

You could paint it with looads of cobwebs.

You could have victims wrapped in webbing in the rear seat or piled up on the back of the car (twitching every now and then maybe..)

You could paint it in a Spiderman theme

You could have furry tarantula legs hanging out the boot (trunk)

I am sure I will think of more!

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Make the car a fly?
Wing: curve a 10 foot length of PVC pipe with a heat gun, stretch cellophane across it and paint "veins" (at least 2, of course)
Eyes: get a yoga ball, and paper mache half, paint in blacks, blues and green to look like eyes (2 of course)
Legs: paint up pool noodles (black), zip tie them at the joints.

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you do the spider, then get hold of some large fishnets or fishnet material to cover the eyes with. Instant fly eyes when stretched over green orbs.

·
Obssessed Haunter
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a thought... do a Nightmare theme, have a creepy creature crawling on the trunk of the car like he is crawling towards the driver. Spider looks like it is stepping from the trailer up to the car. Paint on the car some lightening, cob webs, claw marks ( like Freddy) , Have cobwebs all over the seats and windows... have people dress like a clown, a reaper, Freddy Krueger, etc maybe have a bed on the float with someone laying in it with the covers up to the chin... looking scared. The person in the bed could have his foot up to the chest of the spider like he is holding off the spider from getting closer.
Paint on the car " Off to never never land" Play Enter Sandman on a stereo. That seem like it makes sense?

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Lynn, that sounds like a great theme to work with - I love the concept of "things that go bump in the night", where all of one's worst fears live, which the "hiding under the covers" idea really speaks to.

Maybe some arms / beastly limbs / tentacles could be coming from under the bed? Giant spider legs coming out from under the bed, curling up over it? (like the spider's going to eat the whole bed, just to get the dreamer)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts