Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started with this....

added a foam skull, some foam feet and some mesh material (from an old bed canopy)

threw on some web..and like a dummy turned the camera side ways not thinking that I couldnt rotate a video :( anyway.. you get the general idea. Im not happy with the way the web turned out, I'll probably re-web it (is that a word?) but for the most part Im happy with the results. Oh, its sound activated :)

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
I'm with GDFreak...very good use of kiddy type prop. I'll look at this stuff differently from now on. Turned out great..Now under some black lights and a giant spider.......mawwwwwaaaaaa!

·
Registered
530 Posts
WOW!!!!! I'm working on one of these for this year, but mine is nothing like that yet. What kind of ghost is that to start with and where did you get it??? I NEED one of those. How much was it? LOL. And finally, if I send you money, can you get me one of those? :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Is that the flying ghost thing? How did you get it to wiggle instead of fly?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone :)
yes its the ghost that moves, Its a totally ghoul flying ghost I got it a couple yrs ago at Kmart ($15) It flew back n forth on a 50 ft string wiggling his arms saying 'booooo' His wiggling arms were just wire so I bent them down, the string I cut and tied a knot so he couldnt 'fly' anywhere then just wrapped him up. :) Oh I left a hole in the back so I could get to the on/off switch and the battery compartment.

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
VERY COOL!

I bought three of those ghosts from "Thingsyouneverknew existed". I knew they could be modified into something neat. The prop runs back and forth on a black rope, like a cheap Axworthy. It has two settings, one that has a moaning sound that I thought was cheesy, but my kids thought it was scary. I plan to make them into the style of the crank ghosts with cheescloth and blacklight.

The ghost covering can easily be removed. There is a small head form and wire arms (similar to a crank ghost).

Here is the link, it comes with a video. They are on sale now and the shipping is very cheap.

Flying Ghost - Scary Halloween Things - Things On Sale - Things You Never Knew Existed

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks Pumpkin Princess, I looked online but couldnt find them anywhere. The 'boooooo' sounds are kinda cheesy but it also has a silent setting which is perfect for me.

·
Registered
210 Posts
wow now seeing what u`ve done i feel sorry for myself coz i could have bought this thing for a big 6 $ last year but didnt coz i tought it look childish n cheap but what u made out of him is just totally awesome n creepy in a nice way that is of course nice job im totally sad now thanks to you ;) :(

·
Registered
319 Posts
WOW that is awesome! I love the fact that it wiggles.. im gonna keep a lookout for some of those ghost..
I have a spider victim i did last year and it has a disco ball motor on the top that spins it around and the huge black widow just has a couple dowls sticking out of it with webbing on it...
So when the victim spins it looks like the spider is throwing on web.
Looks cool but If I can add this great idea to it it would be even better....
Thanks for the info...

Oh and sorry for the clutter in the background, I cant stay on one project for too long, i get side tracked and try to do 30 things at once....

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've got 2 of these...picked them up at Kmart 2 years ago after Halloween; I now know what I am doing w/ one of them :)

Great idea...

(why can't I be that creative:confused:)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts