Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so, i have this old Garage door opener that i was going to dispose of and the other day i was looking at it thinking..."haunters are the BEST recyclers, what the HELL can i use this thing for?" ....and then it hit me......i have a 72" Static spider prop that my wife got me last year so i figured......why not animate it. After a little work and some good ol' ingenuity i came up with this..........

The movement is a little quirky but it already has sockets for a couple of spooky green LED lamps......now all i need is a trigger.....

This sucker is gonna be climbing up and down the outside of my house on Halloween eve'....

·
Registered
268 Posts
Great repurposing/recycling!

I was going fall cleaning at work last night and found 2 big Starbucks displays and a metal "We proudly Serve" white board. Going to make the metal display into hanging sign with a skull in the middle of the Starbucks logo. Going to let my 6 year old finger paint "Halloween Special: Bodies buried $10. Buried Deep: $20"

·
Registered
265 Posts
This is why I love haunters!!

What a great re-purposing of a garage door opener. I love that spider and the sound it makes. I think you'll get a lot of compliments on that this year! Well done!! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.