Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so, i have this old Garage door opener that i was going to dispose of and the other day i was looking at it thinking..."haunters are the BEST recyclers, what the HELL can i use this thing for?" ....and then it hit me......i have a 72" Static spider prop that my wife got me last year so i figured......why not animate it. After a little work and some good ol' ingenuity i came up with this..........

The movement is a little quirky but it already has sockets for a couple of spooky green LED lamps......now all i need is a trigger.....

This sucker is gonna be climbing up and down the outside of my house on Halloween eve'....

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
I like it and its very resourceful! Never throw anything out..... just figure out how to make a prop out of it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
What a great idea Scruffywolf:) my Hubby always looks at me like I'm mad when he is going to throw stuff out and I'm like no keep it, anything remotely mechanical, wood or cardboard is always kept! :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Great repurposing/recycling!

I was going fall cleaning at work last night and found 2 big Starbucks displays and a metal "We proudly Serve" white board. Going to make the metal display into hanging sign with a skull in the middle of the Starbucks logo. Going to let my 6 year old finger paint "Halloween Special: Bodies buried $10. Buried Deep: $20"

·
Registered
265 Posts
This is why I love haunters!!

What a great re-purposing of a garage door opener. I love that spider and the sound it makes. I think you'll get a lot of compliments on that this year! Well done!! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the three motors from a hospital bed. I hope next year I can use them to make my coffin go from horizontal to vertical and back again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts