Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever gotten a spider bite that puts your body in so much pain?
I woke up a few nights ago to pains racing through my left leg. The only thing I could see was a tiny red spot. Over the next two days (now today) it has spread on my leg pretty good. I have an appoitment tomarrow hopfully to see what it is. I'm almost 99.9 it's some kind of bug bite. Is there anything I can put on it? It doesn't itch alot, just kinda cramps my leg when i try and walk. It's just below the knee too. Right now it's kinda tingly and itchy. :eek:

·
The Evil Spectre
1,220 Posts
Not me, but my mother got bit by a brown recluse a few years ago, and about 3 days after the bite, she had a section of about 8 inches of skin die and get infected, a lot of pain, and she had to have a skin graph to remove the dead skin and replace it with new skin..

Don't mean to sound too horrible, but I wold get it checked out really quick. Better safe than sorry!

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
I've had infected bug bites. They got pretty nasty. Ice seemed to help a lot. The bites were on my right foot so there was a day I could not walk at all. Definitely get it checked out ASAP. You could try using Benadryl on it as well.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the red spot has expanded. It has a fever and is pretty swolen. It kinda feel's like a 2nd degree burn. They said it was irrated but should be okay. Well thanks guys. Ice only helped for a a few minutes.

·
Registered
242 Posts
ooo that stinks. I got bit on my cheek (on my face lol) by a spider when I was in girlscouts camping many many many moons ago. Those bites sure do hurt. Like Mrs. Myers said Benedryl spray works wonders for the itching. I hope your bite feels better soon!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Never been bit by a spider since up here in the great cold north we don't have any spiders like that. That's why I have to build my own. lol You might want to also try aloa or neosporin for the itching. Just a thought. Hope everything goes ok. If those don't work, chop it off and use it as a prop. :p

·
Banned
535 Posts
When you say the red spot has expanded that sounds like a black widow bite...Looks kinda like a bullseye spot red bite in middle then a bigger outside red circle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Last 3 summers I have had one (this year 2) of these.

First year the doc and I thought it was a Tick bite, but I am sure it's not.

I don't think it's a spider either.

The bite is crimson red and the area around it swells slightly, get very hot, pink and causes pain when the muscles are used.

First year it was treated with 6 week of antibiotics to no real satisfaction. After that I have just let it run it's course.

I have never known anything to take so long to heal, about 2-3 weeks for the swelling to subside, and the actual bite leaves a mark months later in fact I can still see the site of the one from 2007.

I think it just a severe alergic reaction.

Cooling bite gel seems to help for the first week of pain.

The bite is like a neat hole cut out of the skin, about 1mm in size.

A spider has been blamed but I think it's a fly or bug. It's always the shins or ankle that gets bit, when I have been gardening or walking the dogs, hence the original tick theory.

Obviously don't scratch, other than that you have my sympathies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts