Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of the new Animatronic props I made for Halloween 2008, It was a big hit. Sorry about the sound EFX, but Im a night owl, and I keep it down so I dont wake the wife and kids. The responce is a little slow because Im operating it by remote, this prop was made to be fully automatic, in auto mode its really fast acting. Im not done with it yet Im going to add a shock buffer so it dont hit as hard when the spider jumps out. Heres the vid and pics. Hope you like it.

YouTube - Woodys Halloween Animatronic Spider Attack Full viewYouTube - Woodys Halloween Animatronic Spider Attack

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Thats a great effect there, DM. I especially like the spitting effect for extra shock value!

Thanks also for posting the pics of the mechanism and control system..:)

·
Registered
725 Posts
I was thinking. The car concept sounds great, kind of reminds me of something from the movie The Myst. But maybe for future use, you could build a mound with a hole in it, like a cave of sorts. Would be able to hide the majority of your mechanical parts and the spider wouldn't be visible until it came out. Anyhow, just a thought! This is just such a cool prop, I couldn't stop thinking about it!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking. The car concept sounds great, kind of reminds me of something from the movie The Myst. But maybe for future use, you could build a mound with a hole in it, like a cave of sorts. Would be able to hide the majority of your mechanical parts and the spider wouldn't be visible until it came out. Anyhow, just a thought! This is just such a cool prop, I couldn't stop thinking about it!
Yep, when I set it up on Halloween last year I used 5 bags of the fake spiders web webs where all over the car, and made a web tent from the front of the car to the ground, just like a wolf spider den. I have a lighting system with this thing, I just didnt set it up because its hard to see on video.

Thank you everyone!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts