Halloween Forum banner

SPFX Masks - shipping problems

12772 11
Has anyone purchased anything from SPFX Masks lately?
I bought a zombie mask from them eight weeks ago.
The website said four week delivery.
I called and talked to Rusty Slusser and he assured me that he shipped it out last week.
I tried to get a tracking number but he danced around the topic and I ended up without it.
Not sure what to do at this point except get in touch with Paypal and see if I can do anything to get my money back.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called the contact number last Friday and I guess it was forwarded to Rusty's phone. He is a nice guy. I am just concerned, after spending that much money, that is it lost in transit somewhere. Rusty said that it took so long because he was waiting on a back order of teeth. The zombie mask comes with free teeth now.

· Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I finally talked to Rusty again yesterday and got him to admit that he indeed had not shipped the mask. i got a tracking number from him this morning so hopefully I will have the mask by the end of the week. WHEW!!!

· Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am just going to use some makeup or something on my hands. I am going to set everything up like in the video at spfxmask.com. I am going to build a cage with one end open. I have a bunch of zombie statues. I will stand inside with them and after people pass, and think they are safe, I will come after them from the hidden open end. HA!!!!! I also bought some white contact lenses. Should scare pretty good!!!

· Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The girl in black at the entrance was constructed from a wooden bar stool and a wiper motor to make her rock back and forth. I add arms and a Donna of the Dead head with a wig. She is scary. The zombie with the mouth torn off is actually an old Dr. Shivers that stopped working except for the head which still moves. I covered his head with that cool mask and dressed him in clothes from Goodwill. Then there is a Gemmy Headless Harry from Walmart.
The next guy was my original statue that I made several years ago. He is made of 2 x 4 lumber with a plywood base. He had a Freinkenstien mask on but I changed it this year to a new horror mask. Pretty freaky!!!
The last zombie is actually a puppet which I made. I made a standup prop from 2 x 4 lumber. Dressed him with old clothes. The bloody face is from Twisted Visions. A person dressed in black stands behind him and makes the arms move. That one startles people everytime.

The black statue that you see beside the mirror is just pvc pipe. I just took a peice of thick plywood and drilled a hole for thick wall pvc. I used pvc 90 joint to make arms and put a halloween costume on him.

PVC is probably the easiest to make statues but it is not all the sturdy. 2 x 4 lumber with a plywood base is what I recommend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.