Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,604 Posts
Traditionally, they put some stuff out by mid September but what I noticed last year is that they really scaled back, having only a small selection of props but mostly costumes They left the bulk of the Halloween sales to Spirit, which is owned by Spencers. I remember in years past half of the store would be Halloween but I think this is changing.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
I live in Florida and work at Spencers. we were told this year we would NOT be carrying any Halloween props, only costumes. That eventually they would be leaving all of the decor and props to Spirit. We will only get a couple of clearance items from last year, just a few and next year no props at all. Not sure if that is the same for the Spencers all over the country but its true for ours.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Spencers by me only ever had a handful of Halloween Products (props and costumes) anyway. There are like 6 seasonal Halloween Stores that open ever September within about a 20 minute drive. I suppose that they have the market cornered and everyone goes there.

·
lurking in the shadows
7,332 Posts
You know Spooki--that is kinda sad..I got some really cool stuff at Spencer's over the years. :( Last time I was in there (Sawgrass Mall) seems they are catering to a sex market more then anything else...

Oh yea, I am preaching to the Chior--LOL
Sex Nazi :p

·
Registered
543 Posts
I talked to the store manager at our Spencers. They have some decor from last year that will hit the floor at 50% off. Everything else will be costumes, right on that is exactly what I was told decor will now be Spirit's domain. The weekend of the 19th is when they will set up for Halloween.

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really hope that isn't true especially for up hear in Canada, where there isn't very many Spirit stores. Only in the really large metropolitan areas. How are we supposed to get there stuff especially when they don't ship to us. This is very frustrating.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was just in there 3 days ago and there was nothing out yet. But they were having a sale on the black lights. Buy one get one 1/2 off so i got 2.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Last year, I don't think the Spencer's nearest me had anything out until October, and, even then, they didn't have anything that spectacular. Spirit, on the other hand, had loads of things that I liked, but the prices were exorbitant:rolleyes:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Spencers in our area has always stocked well (albeit, not as much as Spirit)...mabey that will change if we finally get a Spirit store this year (crossing my fingers)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was told the same thing by the mgr. in our town,just costumes for the most part will be carried with very little decor.I'm so depressed, I used to get some sweet deals when they marked everything down.Although last year they only went down to 50% off where the years before they went down to 75% off.
The nearest spirit store is 45 minute away so dont see that happening.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts