Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

has anyone made their wn spell book? i have loads of spells found on the net that i can and want to use in it. the only problem i have is how to actually make it. i ahve seen 1 person uses the old phone book and just does the covers but i really want there to be spells inside.

i can age the paper with tea/coffee not a problem and this will save on printer ink if they are printed on white not brown background.
i have loads of spells found the net i can and want to use
i have seen loads of ideas on how to do the covers and spines (paper marche)

if anyone has made a spell book with spells in please can you share whether it was a pre-made book, hand made book, scrapbook with them stuck in etc. We have a bookshop in town that has loads of really old looking books some really thick and some leather covers etc. and i think recycling 1 (or 3 as once i no how i will be off lol!) would be really great. any help greatful

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,956 Posts

·
The Cackling Cauldron
1,310 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
If you are looking to make your own google book binding tutorials. It's not actually that hard to do and you can use the spells you have.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just made this today actually.
VZM.IMG_20150122_121620.jpg

I used the ideas from this site
http://www.betterafter.net/2012/11/merry-halloween-plus-50-giftcard.html

I split the pages at the halfway point, then glued the 2 sections to themselves and the front and back covers so it opens up to just 2 viewable pages. But I'm sure you could split the page sections into more parts if you wanted. I still have the painters tape on my book till the paint dries, but I will add pictures of what I'm talking about when I do.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went into the old book store in town and the nice man that owns it asked if he could help. So I explained that I was after a biggish old book that I could turn into a spell book for a halloween prop. He said he has never been asked this before as most people want books for their content not to change, but took me through to where the big old books were. There were some very lovely books that wouldn't have took much converting the only downside was the cost, they varied from £6.50 for an A5 size upto £50 for an almost A3 size leather bound bible. Sadly my budget wont justify that sort of cost for a book that will be out for a few hours 1 night a year. :( so I went round the charity/2nd hand shops and picked up a thickish (not as thick as I wanted) encyclopeadia for 99p. I iwll be making progress soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts