Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making a tongue and ear out of latex which I plan to put in a specimen jar filled with a fluid resembling formaldehyde. I want to weight the tongue and ear down so they don't float but I don't want to glue them to the bottom of the jar. I want to put some kind of metal within them to weigh them down. Both the ear and tongue are hollow. Anyone have any ideas how?

·
The Cackling Cauldron
1,302 Posts
The small fishing weights or buck shot could be added a little or a lot. Would allow the freedom to experiment, giving you some options as to just kind of submerged below the surface or fully sink them to the bottom.

·
Registered
216 Posts
For 1/24 scale slot cars they sell sheet lead for weight in several thicknesses--most hobby shops WON'T have it--but u can get online. Some shops that sell pinecare derby car supplies--might--have it

·
Registered
411 Posts
I did a jar some time back called "Tongue Of Liar" that had a tongue with several old nails through it. They were those kind of old primitive boxy nails like a nail you would use on a horse shoe. I think the're called "Cut Nails".

You could also go a bit on the funny side and give it a tongue stud. That should weigh it down.

Good Luck, Marc V.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the great ideas. I should of thought about the fishing weights. I have several in my tackle box. The piercing is a great idea as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts