Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as a professional haunter with more than six years experience working in one of my states largest haunted houses I thought I would share this step-by-step tutorial on how I make, what I consider to be a big piece of my scaring, into something that really stands out.

To start, I want to give you a quick background as to why I did this. In my position I work as a clown named Bobo. However, I work outside on the street as guests pour into the haunt from the parking lot. And in character I usually use a machete, however, it not being real metal, it never seemed to really have an affect on people when I would drag it across the asphalt because of its sound. So I made this as a solution.

In previous years I would use a plastic Jason machete which is only about ten bucks at your local Spirit Halloween store but that wore out pretty fast and when dragged would tear a whole which definitely didn't help the integrity. So this time I ordered a machete that was dense foam which I believe is part of the Walking Dead costume line. And this machete is definitely sturdier and more realistic than the previous. I definitely recommend it.
IMG_1928.jpg
I wrapped the handle in medical tape because of the walking dead logo but I would suggest hockey tape.

Start by drilling wholes where you want your weapon to spark and don't drill them to deep, just deep enough for a small lighter-sized flint piece to stick into.

I recommend using a 1/8" drill bit because its basically the same width as the flint.
IMG_1929.jpg
IMG_1930.jpg

Then before pressing the flint in, put some super glue into the hole.
IMG_1931.jpg
After you put your flint in you can go around the edges once more with the super glue as to secure it, let this sit for about 10 minutes.

Your sparking weapon is complete! Here are some photos of how mine turned out in the end, and although it looks sloppy, it definitely works!
IMG_1932.jpg
IMG_1933.jpg
IMG_1934.jpg

I hope you enjoyed! and feel free to message me if you need help, I'm aware that the directions were a little vague.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another thing you can do is look up "tail devil" and its meant for a skateboard but you can essentially put it on anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts